Author Topic: cpu wakelock  (Read 2726 times)

Offline rodgiemitchell

cpu wakelock
« on: July 29, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
my htc phone has been replaced2x becase it is slow to charge to 100% if at all, what im asking is what is cpu wakelock in avast?. dose it keep running even when the phone is turned off? is this why phone not charging to 100%
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:41:48 PM by rodgiemitchell »

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
Re: cpu wakelock
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 01:16:21 PM »
Hi, at times you don't use your device, it first dims, then turns off the screen, then turns off the CPU - in order to prolong battery life. CPU Wakelock in Avast Mobile Security keeps the CPU running to enable scanning for viruses when your devices is in the sleeping mode. By unchecking this option you can turn the CPU Wakelock off.
     Anyway, testing across multiple devices shows that all services by Avast Mobile Security generally take up less than 5% of battery consumption, so I don't think it is Avast what does not let your HTC charge to full, and would rather recommend you to install some battery statistics application (to be found on Google Play), which helps you find what exactly drains your device's battery.

P.S. A colleague of mine says he had a similar issue with his HTC - battery charging up to 97% instead of 100% - he says it took about a month and then it self-healed ;)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 06:14:18 PM »
Hi,

the wakelock is held only when you perform a full scan of the device so you don't have to look at the turned on screen for minutes. Unless you perform a full scan all the time, it's not used and your phone should go to sleep as usual (well, not speaking for the other apps).

Filip

Offline pitchperfect001

• You can never be wrong if you do the right thing
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 05:28:18 PM »
Hey,

Sounds like you either got another dodgy phone or dodgy charger. I've had a number of HTC's, M7 M8 M9 and none of them have done what you are describing. Also, I've been using Avast! for a long time now and never experienced cpu wakelock cause any power drain while charging.

Hope you find a solution to your issue.

Much Love,

Pitch