Author Topic: Fire Wall won't start after updating Windows 10  (Read 2455 times)

REDACTED

Fire Wall won't start after updating Windows 10
« on: July 30, 2015, 03:27:22 AM »
Greetings,

Any ideas as to why I can't start my fire wall after updating my window 8.1 to 10? I have updated my Avast software to the current config, but still nadda. Not sure if I need to do a full uninstall of Avast and reinstall. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Fire Wall won't start after updating Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 03:39:16 AM »
Indeed, I suggest an installation from scratch.
It was the easy way for me to upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. (Optional) If you want, save your avast! settings for later restoration (Settings > Maintenance > Back up).
4. Uninstall avast! from Control Panel (if possible) and reboot.
5. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1 in and follow the instructions. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode, uninstall avast! and then reboot in Normal Mode again.
6. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Register your free copy or add the license key for the paid versions. Boot.
7. Check and post the results.

Please, be patient, boot when it's said to boot...
The best things in life are free.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:01:39 AM »
Hi All,

I ran into same issue of Firewall not being able to start after upgrading to Windows 10 today but found a quick fix. Simply go to 'uninstall applications' in Control Panel, Select AVAST and click 'CHANGE' then 'REPAIR'. Once finished, reboot and Firewall will work will no issue.

Hope this helps!
Tammy

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 07:01:20 AM »
Installing the newest version will fix the firewall not starting problem after win10 upgrade https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=174286.0