Author Topic: Avast account shows components not working - comments welcome  (Read 1812 times)

REDACTED

Hi I run Avast Premier Beta 2015.10.3.2225 and am wondering if anyone can tell me the significance of the following. I have installed, repaired, etc...

Erm by the following I mean that there are both red and green sections in the graphic below. My subscription is up to date and as stated above I have reinstalled and repaired the Beta version.

Thanks

Old Nerd
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:10:26 AM by old_nerd »

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: Avast account shows components not working - comments welcome
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:23:14 PM »
Hi Old Nerd :)

What you can try :

First log out from your Account in the Avast UI.
Than login on https://my.avast.com and : Select your system - Settings - Delete from account ... and log out.
Now login to your Account from the Avast UI to add your system again, and see if everything is in sync.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:15:46 PM »
I've seen that too.

Even with the avast program running properly here, first attempt to view system contents in my avast dot com will always result in some categories in red, even though other pages will show the red categories as active and green with a green checkmark.

A second attempt to view the same infograph will always report the correct status.  To do that, close the current window showing the erroneous infographic and then immediately re-open the same system information graph.  You will see all categories are now green.

As this site is still beta, I assume some bugs have yet to be fixed. 

There is also the fact that you are talking to an avast server and sometimes it takes some time for your system information to be updated.

Most of the time it is only a second or two for this to happen but often just updating the avast program manually via virus updates will clear your issues.  The final part of the update is sending off your system statistics to the avast server.  Information contained in statistics sent will update your my avast dot com page as soon as your avast program completes the update and you should see new information on your my avast page. 

You'll likely need to refresh your my avast page to see the newest information.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
Thanks for the responses,

Basically if I refresh as suggested by going in and out it shows all green. <shrugs> Okay then.     8)

;)

BTW had lots of grief with upgrade to Windows 10 on my Win 8.1 machine and even turned Avast off for a bit, although it probably wasn't causing it. Finally had to install from a USB download which did work.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 08:44:04 PM »
Disconcerting when something does not work as expected.  Worth a <shrug>.

Suggest waiting a bit on doing a clean install of Win 10, but doing so will increase stability and response times.  Problem with an upgrade is that, if something does not work as it should on the original os system, there is a chance it can get carried over to the new upgraded os.

Some are already reporting a bit slower boot times after upgrading.  Clean install will fix that issue.
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=156141.msg1238602#msg1238602
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801