Author Topic: Windows 10 Avast endpoint protection plus  (Read 32358 times)

REDACTED

Windows 10 Avast endpoint protection plus
« on: July 30, 2015, 09:19:03 PM »
Hi there,

I have a 5-pc license for EPP and upgraded my first laptop to windows 10.
Did a complete re-install to clean up the system but now it seems that win10 cannot handle avast epp??

When will the update be ready? It's a 300 euro license and I believe microsoft gave developers enough time to create patches?

You can't expect us to be unprotected for a month right? Business editions rely on the latest updates..........

Please advise!

REDACTED

Re: Windows 10 Avast endpoint protection plus
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 10:06:26 PM »
Same problem here. I can believe that Windows 10 has been available for the past month for testing and Avast did not do their work in time.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 05:14:39 AM »
For now avast no renewal of updates on the windows of 10, so avast 10 could not be used in windows.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 06:09:26 PM »
Windows 10 has actually been available since January, which makes this even more annoying that they couldn't have working versions ready for launch day!!

Offline LesF

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 03:32:24 AM »
If you review the comments below this posting
https://blog.avast.com/2015/06/03/latest-versions-of-avast-compatible-with-windows-10/
you will see that a number of people have experienced a less than smooth upgrade, but the impression I get is that the Avast guys have put in the effort to make the product compatible and I have every confidence that when I do my upgrade to windows 10 it will all kind of work out.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2015, 07:06:07 PM »
Based on past experiences it will be months before it's ready. As someone who works for a software consultancy, has had access to build's of Windows 10 for over six month to ensure that our solutions do not hold up our clients that wish to deploy Windows 10, there really is no excuse to treat paying business customers this way.

Expect the same bulls**t excuses from Avast, they want to iron out the issues on the consumer release before passing it on to their valued business customers. Utter nonsense, they're just choosing to put their available resources into their consumer base before moving onto their business customers. Avast are not really serious about the enterprise and treat business customers accordingly.

There are plenty of enterprise antivirus solutions that do focus on their paying business customers who have products tested and available from day 1.

Avast have had a terrible record with recent windows releases, let's not forget the disaster of windows 8.1 and avast that appeared to pass them by.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 07:34:45 PM »
Here a 30-pc license.
It make me sick that EPP not working on Windows 10.
We are businesses people and pay alot for these license.
Business people should get the updates first. We pay for it!

This is not the first time that Avast disappointed me.
I 'm sure after the expiration of our license we will leave Avast.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:39:35 PM by mail96 »

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 07:08:47 AM »
Does AVAST have any idea when it will work on Windows 10???

Offline BudG

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2015, 06:45:54 PM »
We are a university upgrading to windows 10 on pc's.  Avast enterprise with the aea console does not work at all with windows 10 on the latest version of avast products for enterprises/businesses.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 06:41:53 PM »
Also, we are a school. I upgraded my workstation to win 10 just for testing purposes to find that AVAST EP does not work.
The operating system entered a public beta testing process in October 2014. There is NO REASON for this failure.
 >:(

I did find that Internet security works with 10.  I downloaded the 30 day trial.  So for everyone who has no protection, use IS in the meantime.

This is the official note that AVAST Software has sent to the distribution channel:

"Microsoft has recently announced Windows 10 will be available as of July 29th. We expect many will be looking to upgrade, if not immediately then within the 1 year in which the upgrade will be free for Win 7 and 8 users, if they are eligible for it.

Endpoint Protection (all versions) will be receiving an update to make it Win 10 compatible, however this update will not yet be ready when Win 10 becomes available. The current ETA of the update is late August, but may change.

We recommend resellers consult with their EP customers regarding their plans for Win 10 migration and advise them about the compatibility issue. While home users tend to adopt early (and are ok to do so if using the already Win 10 compatible Avast consumer products), we believe most businesses will not choose early adoption, and will instead favor a more careful approach to keep disruptions to a minimum. We will likely still see cases of customers looking to migrate as soon as possible for various reasons, our main concern is to ensure that the compatibility issue does not come as a surprise.

We believe it to be a sensible precaution to not adopt an OS early in a commercial environment. We strongly recommend that customers only make the switch to Win 10, if they have decided to make it, after Avast becomes compatible. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes to you and your customers, we are counting on you, our reseller partners, to help us mitigate the impact this will have on end users and help them make informed choices regarding the OS upgrade."
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:57:35 PM by T3ckd00d »

REDACTED

Re: Windows 10 Avast endpoint protection suite
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 09:14:54 AM »
When will a new version of Endpoint Protection Suite come out that is compatible with Windows 10? I had to install the free version on two of my laptops now...

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2015, 04:44:37 PM »
Same here.
25 pcs to update.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2015, 06:30:16 PM »
This is horrible,
we are using windows 10 edu. I am a school with 300 pc's we are not able to complete our master image for deployment because we do not have a working client. I started looking into alternate solutions a month ago. Now I will definitely need to ramp up the eval of other solutions.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 11:37:46 AM »
Yes its horible, with win 10 and avast must do better support for the buisness products.

have a hang bug in win7 doing login into domain, the mail plugin is the problem, month ago and ago.... wait also for a new version.
What do the Avast support wrote me to use the new Avast Buisness but thats in a clould and security in a cloud, not for me today.

Avast think about your products buisness user will need a working product without many extras like the consumer addons every year with new waste !!

And i think more and more i need a other solution from a another company that maybe works !   :-\ :-\ :-[

Offline balazovic

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 05:50:53 PM »
Hi there, will i get refund for not be able using licensefile (Newest Avast endpoint protection plus 8 cant install on this system)on Windows10 devices?....or what is your solution to this problem, dear Avast Team?

Should i renew license in 2months or u just dont support anymore?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 06:34:03 PM by balazovic »