Author Topic: Windows 10 Avast endpoint protection plus  (Read 32434 times)

REDACTED

Re: Windows 10 Avast endpoint protection plus
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 04:56:50 PM »
Seems Avast Internet Security works with Windows 10.  Is there a chance we could use our EPP licenses to enable IS until EPP is compatible?  We are a medium sized school using EPP and want to jump onto Windows 10 to avoid disruption during the school year.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2015, 10:29:33 PM »
loaded win 10 pro and mine blocked the endpoint installation. but today it loaded the "free version" as I must have tried to load one of those yesterday in the search fro a solution. the endpoint license does not work on the free version, but by registering it will give you a year free.

please fix this so I can move all my machines to win 10 asap.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 11:56:49 AM »
This issue is preventing us from upgrading our company computers to Win 10.
Please release EPP for Win 10 ASAP.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2015, 02:53:59 PM »
over 2600 views of this post and most likely ALL people that PAID money to use this product and have licenses in a partial used state. If AVAST is thinking that anyone that paid for a license in the past would renew again if they don't fix this AFTER they made the FREE version work first are crazy. Why no weigh in from AVAST on a time when this will be addressed? they seem to join right in with other posts????

AVAST your head in the sand attitude towards PAID customers is unacceptable, this post is 6 weeks old without a note as to the status of a fix.

Offline hillen

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2015, 04:19:07 PM »
Avast Team.

The advice you provided to your distributors to pass along to us business users ( not to upgrade to Windows 10 just yet ) may of sounded reasonable to you, but in the real world shouldn't that be our decision and not yours? The world I live in has corporate assets to protect from the "bad guys" and seeing that we are paying for your service, the best world advice you can give us is to not upgrade yet.

Something your wonderful and brilliant team may not be thinking of is "how exactly is IT suppose to prepare for the move and test corporate software to run on Windows 10 without a condom in place first?" It has been almost 21 months since you have released an update to the Business Suite Engine and by your own admission it is old technology, so please explain to my why I should complete my renewal in Oct? I do not want your cloud based product. Here is what I just responded to your distributor TLC Worldwide Inc. about our renewal "Tell Avast to get off their ass and update the Business Suite to work on Windows 10 or no deal.". We'll see if they relay that to you good folks.

I have about a month and a half before I must renew and seeing that I just upgraded my everyday work machine to Windows 10 Pro ( since I am the IT geek that has to figure this out ) and I may or may not be able to complete the required testing of other products in that amount of time, but I do guarantee there will not be another renewal after this year. So please, continue to update your FREE/FREE BUSINESS products with due diligence, but when your customer base dries up, good luck with that business model ( thinking about it, it must be working because your still in business and haven't went the way of the dinosaur yet -- hmm, amazing! )

So let's see what, if any comment you good folks will tantalize us paying business customers with about this. Yeah, my 125 licenses may be chump change to you guys, but not to us.

Eagerly awaiting any kind of response from you wonderful people. In the meantime, A hunting I go and encourage any other business users to do the same.

Enjoy now -- ya' hear!
Paul

« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:15:50 PM by hillen »

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2015, 05:46:22 PM »
Amen Hillen!!! obviously I am in complete agreement..

Offline hillen

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2015, 09:24:52 PM »
samjluck -- what is really sad is we have been a loyal customer since Windows NT 4.0!

I am in the process of testing Kasperky.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2015, 01:07:33 AM »
Same here. Upgraded 2 weeks ago, and contacted Avast twice in the meantime concerning Windows 10-compatability.
And thank you Avast for not even having the decency to answer to my questions.
A total lack of respect for paying customers.
You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Not only will I demand a refund - and you should do so for all inflicted customers - but you've lost a loyal customer since many years.

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2015, 05:40:57 AM »
I'm having the same problem (20-seat license, refund request #YWF-827-53124).  Avast won't even respond to the ticket, even when I followed up and asked for a response.  Avast, come on!  We are trusting you!

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 03:03:17 PM »
It was the same when windows 8 first came out. Avast wasn't ready. still the same thing now. this is unacceptable

Offline Daniel636

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2015, 07:29:06 AM »
For the User like me struggling to get Endpoint protection loaded on windows 10.
Temporary solution just to get the users an antivirus while Avast! sorts out there service.
I Installed Avast Cloud on the upgraded PC`s just to get an antivirus on to protect my users from infection

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2015, 08:42:54 PM »
Hi, I have the same problem with 20 subscription for 3 year.
My ticket #NID-591-97618.
still I am awaiting a response from avast.  >:(

Offline hillen

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 03:17:11 PM »
WOW! Still no response?! Nothing but crickets -- really!

I've never seen a company like this in my entire professional career that absolutely refuses to address a real concern of their customers.  :-X

Wow, just WOW!

Offline hillen

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 06:50:52 PM »
I just received in my email an advertisement from Avast informing me they have been busy the last 12 months writing a new program called Avast Cleanup and would like me to buy it.

Hmmm - got a lot to say about this, but my momma always said "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything!" I guess I'll leave it on that note.

Offline drake127

• Avast team
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 09:35:34 PM »
@hillen: Yeah, it sounds rather sad.

Unfortunately, it's no easy task to make ABP work under Windows 10. We made some progress but there's no ETA (known to me).