Author Topic: Avast 2015.10.3.2225 - Not enough storage available - when doing a manual VPS up  (Read 2890 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
From 10.3.2223 I have been having various problems on XP Pro SP3, from system lockups when browsing or saving excel (.xls) documents and not this which seems to be along the same line space or RAM.

When I booted today, I got a popup definitions out of date, rather than click the button in the popup I wanted to check what the VPS was. It was 150730-3 only yesterday, not massively out of date and when you consider I'm getting the streaming updates.

I decided to take the advice and did a manual VPS and engine update from the UI - boom - got hit with the 'Not enough storage available to process this command.' I have more available space than I can shake a stick at, almost 40GB in drive C, 52GB on my second partition and much more on my second HDD.

As far as memory goes, I had just over 1gb in use of 4gb installed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

I got a similar message on my wife's Win 8 PC when attempting to install the renewal license. It only took $190 to AVAST to get it fixed.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
I got a similar message on my wife's Win 8 PC when attempting to install the renewal license. It only took $190 to AVAST to get it fixed.

That really should have been covered free as it is avast related.

Unfortunately you have been hit by 3rd party support (not avast) telling you that this is something else not covered by the free support.

- Report this unacceptable behaviour, which should come under the terms of the free avast support:
Vojta Nekvapil - Third-party Support Manager, nekvapil(at)avast(dot)com has requested info about 3rd party support issues, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post give the link to your other topic, etc.).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

@ DavidR Re: I have gone back to 10.2.2215 dated 24 March, 2015
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 06:10:12 PM »
My system is 32bit Vista duo core 2g ram and ever since I updated to Avast 10.3.2223 I have had system lockups when browsing. After updating to 10.3.2225 my system still had lockups when browsing. I uninstalled the virtual machine service and still had lockups when browsing.  I did a clean install using avast cleaner in safe mode and still had lockups when browsing.

I went back to avast program version 10.2.2215 downloaded from link below. Did a clean install using avast cleaner in safe mode and also uninstalled the virtual machine service. So far it has been 48 hours of operation with no lockups while browsing.

http://www.oldapps.com/avast_antivirus.php

It's not a fix but at least until Avast gets fixed it is a work around.