Author Topic: app locking  (Read 4317 times)

Offline tecwindd

app locking
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:26:24 PM »
I just upgraded to premium and selected the same apps to be lock protected that I were protected in my other version.   Now when I select the app that is protected I'm no longer prompted to enter my pin when opening.

Ideas????

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
Re: app locking
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 06:40:23 PM »
Hi tecwindd, several users of Motorola, Xperia and Nexus have reported the same problem. Do you have any of these? We are now analysing how long it would take to fix it in the current version of AMS. But we already know it will work in the new version (AMS 5, coming in October). Thanks for understanding.

Offline htcrp61

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 11:47:59 AM »
I report the same problem on LG4 after system upgrade LG V1od- EUR-xx
android 5.1 build LMY47d , kernel 3.10.49
thanks
rob
rob

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2015, 04:20:40 PM »
Hi, in most cases the August and September updates (7894, 7897 and 7898) solved this issue, but I have noticed a few users (three so far), who reported that they keep having the problem even with the latest update. As I wrote earlier, at this point we are sure it is going to be 100% OK in the new release (coming later this autumn). Thanks for your patience.

If you do not want to wait, you can try it in Beta version and join our Beta tester community. More on this link: https://plus.google.com/communities/112394513906169233317

Offline Attila8

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:23:03 AM »
I need an aplication password lock. Avast is theoretically providing that. However it is just one click to remove avast itself and immediately the proterction disappeares. So in case of theft that worths nothing. Any idea how to avoid that? Thanks!

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 10:24:06 AM »
Hi Attila8, I would say the app lock is just one of the ways to protect your mobile device - I would definitely recommend you to combine it with a device screen lock and a SIM card PIN code.

However, there is also "Uninstall protection" tool in AMS, available in the Settings when you set up the PIN protecion.

Offline Attila8

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 10:32:24 AM »
Great! U won a paid subscriber with this:-)