Author Topic: upgrading computer and avast  (Read 3493 times)

scaa

upgrading computer and avast
« on: November 16, 2005, 01:21:47 PM »
I am a registered user of the professional version. I had made silent installations in my computers on LAN. One of the computers was running in win 98 which I have now upgraded to xp professional. I now find that the avat icon and vrdb are missing from the taskbar  and the program is also missing from the control pane programs.
How do I create the installation again?

justin1278

Re: upgrading computer and avast
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:59:34 PM »
why don't you try downloading the version you had in the past and reinstalling it. Hopefully you kept the license key so when you download and install it you will just need to enter your current key and it will unlock the program.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 06:47:50 PM »
One of the computers was running in win 98 which I have now upgraded to xp professional.
When OS is upgraded (not updated) you need to uninstall avast and install it again.
The drivers are completely different for the new OS (XP).
In your case, if you uninstall, you can use the same silent installation for XP after.
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 09:51:00 PM »
avast! has to be reinstalled when the OS is changed (as the platform is rather different).
If it's just one computer, you may simply do it manually... or possibly use the original silent installer, if you still have it?