Author Topic: When I I try to run the home version it tells me to buy the professional one  (Read 4744 times)

bosnja

This is what it happens to me... I'm using avast 4.0 since 2 months or so. Got my activation key, cut and pasted it. All was OK. But 2 days ago Avast showed a error message when it was updating, it said it could not update (the program or the database, I don't remember). Now eveytime I try to run Avast (ashDisp.exe), the message tells me to update to the professional version buying it. What has happening? How can I go back to the Home version I was using before? Thanks

bosnja

Upppps avast version is 4.1.274.0. sorry, I was wrong.

Culpeper

:o

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
download the latest version 4.1.289
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
If you don't succeed, try to

1. Download avast! 4.1.289
2. Desinstall your actual version of avast (Control Panel).
3. Boot
4. Use Avast Uninstall for complete desinstallation.
5. Boot
6. Install the downloaded 4.1.289 version.

Anyway, if you need another licence key, the registration form can be found here.
The best things in life are free.

bosnja

Thanks all of you! I did it (uninstal, boot and install the latest version) and it works. Now I'm using version 4.1.289 with the same activation key, and all is working fine. Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Thanks all of you! I did it (uninstal, boot and install the latest version) and it works. Now I'm using version 4.1.289 with the same activation key, and all is working fine. Thanks!

Happy to help you. Come back to the forums and try to help the others.
Cooperation will do it  ;)
The best things in life are free.