Author Topic: Question about Avast VPN from Avast Internet Security Package  (Read 2583 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
G'day ;)

Since I've bought a 3 years license last week of AIS and I haven't installed Avast VPN because I've heard it will slow down our internet doesn't matter what kind of Australian Internet Providers you have, because this restricted to only avast! antivirus users and limited selections in other geographic regions and overseas servers aren't consistently available.

Question is how reliable is Avast VPN for Australian Internet Providers within the current version, and will this still causes slow down problems while it still restricted to only avast! antivirus users and limited selections in other geographic regions and overseas servers aren't consistently available and doesn't matter what kind of Australian Internet Providers you have.

Has any Australian users with AIS or Premier version still experience slow down problem when using Avast VPN and doesn't matter what kind of Australian Internet Providers you have.

Chow 8)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Question about Avast VPN from Avast Internet Security Package
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 08:27:23 AM »

REDACTED

Re: Question about Avast VPN from Avast Internet Security Package
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 11:23:36 PM »
   I am testing it on assorted servers now. And, yes, VPNs do slow down your speed somewhat. There is an "optimal" default choice which gives the best performance -- a hardly noticeable decline in tested speeds for me --

You can also pick a server on the selectable list.  Just guessing --- Melbourne, London, Japan, Hong Kong, Amsterdam might be among those you would like to performance test.

You have a week to smoke test it (they don't even ask for any payment for the trial) --   8)

For those with Snowden concerns -- this one seems to be a US based company that does log.  On the plus side, P2P is ok and usage is not measured/ capped  (info not found @ Avast -- but consistently found on VPN comparison sites)  ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:32:22 PM by gnj »