Author Topic: Avast Free Anti-Virus Scan Quik Scan and Full Scan  (Read 1847 times)

REDACTED

Avast Free Anti-Virus Scan Quik Scan and Full Scan
« on: August 04, 2015, 08:25:56 AM »
With the most recent avast free anti virus update  - I have had to uninstall and reinstall the software a couple of times; plus I did have avast cleanup and it was not working on my windows 7 home premium os; so I uninstalled that.

Today Avast ran a quick scan after I reinstalled the free version (custom install) (did not install clean up)  and everything was fine.  I ran another scan this evening and it gave me error messages stating some files could  not be accessed and they have been different each time I ran the first scan and this last scan!?

I did a boot scan earlier today and there was no infection; plus I ran my malwarebytes and it showed 0 infections; so I would just like to know why avast keeps showing different files that can't be accessed?  Every since the latest update I have had noting but major issues!   Any help would be appreciated!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 08:31:48 AM by margieh786 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Free Anti-Virus Scan Quik Scan and Full Scan
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 08:32:58 AM »
this forums most frequently asked question......

How do I handle files that avast! can’t scan?    https://blog.avast.com/2014/02/28/how-do-i-handle-files-that-avast-cant-scan/

short story is that it is nothing to worry about, it is normal and happen to all AV, but all AV does not show it in the log / scan result

if you tell us what files and location .. full file path / screenshot  then we may be able to tell you what they are