Author Topic: Ng/Virtual Machine fail since 2223 !  (Read 3332 times)

REDACTED

Ng/Virtual Machine fail since 2223 !
« on: August 04, 2015, 02:51:38 AM »
Please fix this problem !

Look at these discussion thread: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=174575.0 and here https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=173836.0

I've had this problem too on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I've suffered a few BSODs recently (itself unusual) and tried running chkdsk on restarts but they failed (or rather autochk wasn't allowed to run). I was also finding the NgBase snapshot .dat file was growing larger and larger by the day and it wouldn't allow me to defragment it either. When the snapshot file got to 1.4GB I decided that I'd had enough of the Ng/Virtual Machine feature and uninstalled it after advice from this forum (by using Control Panel, then selecting 'Change' for Avast in 'Programs and Features' and deselecting 'Secure Virtual Machine'). I can now run chkdsk.

I'd requested a chkdsk whilst in Safe Mode and it just scheduled it for when I rebooted (albeit not trying to boot into Safe) which is when chkdsk failed to run because of the Ng/VM implementation. The fact that you can't easily defrag the NgBase snapshot file and it growing in size daily, plus the chkdsk failure scenario was enough for me to take the decision to uninstall Secure Virtual Machine - a feature that I'd not known about until these problems started appearing - a pity I wasn't given the option to select/deselect this feature during the recent Avast 2015 upgrade.

REDACTED

Re: Ng/Virtual Machine fail since 2223 !
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 06:12:05 AM »
Can you take pic of the latest V10 Custom Install page options and post ?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2015, 08:19:24 AM »
Can you take pic of the latest V10 Custom Install page options and post ?

What for? I do not understand.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 02:47:40 PM »
I'm about to upgrade from V9 to V10 and wanted to see the CUSTOM screen of the latest 10 is all.
If it is easy to do then thx....if you are busy and can't I understand.....thx !

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2015, 04:44:40 PM »
That is kind of why I asked.....I guess "NG" is now called "Machine Virtual Security" ?
Of course my French is not so good.....but I can make that translation out. :)

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
That is kind of why I asked.....I guess "NG" is now called "Machine Virtual Security" ?
Of course my French is not so good.....but I can make that translation out. :)

Yes that's it  ;) "NG" is now called "Machine virtual Security"