Author Topic: AvastClear uninstaller GUI too big for some XP display screens in Safe Mode  (Read 1840 times)

REDACTED

The very generously sized AvastClear uninstaller GUI is too big for some XP display screens in Safe Mode.  The action button can be out of sight and inaccessible..

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
I have noticed this also quite some time back on my Dell XP. I managed to move the Avastclear screen with the mouse at the very top just enough to see a part of the Button.
Eventually I'll stop using xp all together :)

REDACTED

Unless Avast users have extremely poor eyesight, the GUI text could be reduced in size and still be very readable.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Unless Avast users have extremely poor eyesight, the GUI text could be reduced in size and still be very readable.

I doubt that reducing the size of the text would result in a reduction of the avastclear window.

In much the same way as you can change the text size in windows and or your browser, etc. it doesn't change the size of the window.

A greater help would be to allow the window to be resized.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security