Author Topic: Avast (Full System Scan) Error: 1920  (Read 25277 times)

REDACTED

Avast (Full System Scan) Error: 1920
« on: August 05, 2015, 08:31:10 AM »
Hello.

I have Avast Internet Security and as of recently I cannot scan a certain part of my PC. (It is a HP Pavilion Notebook PC)

I am for some reason unable to scan any (or most of, there is a lot of files and folders [Folders: 3390, Files: 15137, Size: 1.61GB, Size on Disk: 97.3MB] so when the scan report came up I couldn't really check if any files were scanned.) "C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\SafeOS.Mount"
I always run Full System Scans (Custom Settings) [Settings will be listed below] and it always is unable to scan that directory. It says Error 1920 (The file cannot be accessed by the system.) It listed every file and when I checked the location I was able to find the file so that means the file is there and I can "access" it. I tried scanning a specific file (As a test) and it still had the error. (File: "...\SafeOS.Mount\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_3ware.inf.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_en-us_4d8326a5858453a5\3ware.inf_loc"   [The ... is so I don't have to list the directory prior since it is listed above.] File properties: Size: 1.10KB, Size on Disk: 0 Bytes)
Although I cannot scan that directory with a Full System Scan I can, however, scan it with a Boot Time Scan (Custom Settings) [Settings will be listed below]. It says no viruses or malware was detected.
I would appreciate it if you can help me with this.

Full System Scan Settings:
-Scan Areas: All Harddisks, System Drive, CD-ROM and DVD Drives, All Removable Media, Auto-Start Programs and Modules Loaded in Memory, Rootkits (Full Scan)
-File Types: [Scan All Files: Yes] [Recognize File Types By: Content]
-Heuristics: Normal (Use Code Emulsion: Yes)
-Sensitivity: Test Whole Files
-PUP and Suspicious File: (Scan For PUPs: Yes)
-Links: (Follow Links During Scan: Yes)
-Packers: [DEFAULT]
-Actions: (Automatically Apply Action During Scan: Yes) Virus: Move to Chest, If fails, Do Nothing. PUP: Move to Chest, if fails, Do Nothing. Suspicious: Move to Chest, if fails, Do Nothing.
-Options: (If Necessary, Perform the Selected Action at the Next System Restart: Yes) Processing of Infected Archives: Try to Remove Only the Packed File, if Fails, Remove the Whole Archive.
-Performance: Scan Priority: High
-Persistent Cache: (Speed up Scan by Using Persistent Cache: No) (Store Data About Persistent Cache: No)
-File Access: (Speed up Scan by Reading Files in the Order they are Stored on the Disk: Yes)
-Report File: No
-Exclusions: None
-Scheduling: Off

Boot Time Scan Settings:
-Scan Areas: All Harddisks, System Drive, Auto-Start Programs, "C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\SafeOS.Mount"
-Heuristics: Normal
-Scan for PUPs: Yes
-Unpack Archive Files: Yes
-When a Threat is Found: Move to Chest

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast (Full System Scan) Error: 1920
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 08:33:41 AM »
Nothing to worry, those are the update files for W10.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 08:39:03 AM »
Thank you very much. I was really worried about this since I DO NOT WANT A VIRUS! (XD). So these are the W 10 update files, Is there a way to make avast scan them or should I just add them to the Exclusions List and do a Boot Time Scan weekly since it can scan them?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 08:47:42 AM »
You're welcome. No need to scan them, just ignore it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:04:28 AM »
files are protected thats why avast cant scan them. they will be autoscanned by avast realtime when whatever is using those files unpack / access / read those files
it is normal to have some files that cant be scanned, it happens to all AV but all AV does not show it in the logs

How do I handle files that avast! can’t scan?  https://blog.avast.com/2014/02/28/how-do-i-handle-files-that-avast-cant-scan/

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 08:33:49 AM »
Correct answer (above) is they're the windows 10 upgrade files placed on your system without your consent  so you can upgrade from  Windows 7/8.1 -> 10.  Deleting it will cause issues (or a re-download) of the Windows 10 upgrade files again and again.

Hidden, locked and password protected by Windows

"MICROSOFT CAN REMOTELY MANAGE YOUR PC "
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 10:53:31 AM by A1A »