Author Topic: Forum: Login problem  (Read 65143 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Forum: Login problem
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2015, 06:26:39 AM »
avast sure want and is trying to fix the problems.
But keep in mind that avast can't do anything about problems if they are caused by Facebook/Google/setting the user has made.

Offline nana3

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2015, 06:44:03 AM »
Eddy, I'm not so sure if Avast want to fix the problems.  What are others to do if they cannot post here of any problems they have with Avast?    Personally, I don't have facebook nor google.... so that's not it. 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2015, 06:52:28 AM »
Looks like you haven't read all posts:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=174762.msg1265256#msg1265256

What are others to do if they cannot post here of any problems they have with Avast?
They can...
- Submit a ticket
- Mail avast
- Call avast (no not the so called support desk)
- Send a letter
- Visit one of the avast offices
- Fax avast
- Visit a seminar where people from avast are and talk to them

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2015, 08:52:13 AM »
Does Avast ever offer fixes in the form of independent patches as opposed to being included in version update releases?

I ask because I don't like what I'm seeing in Avast 16 so far, but would certainly like to have this Pale Moon browser issue with the Avast login fixed for my Avast 15 version.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2015, 10:30:03 AM »
No separate patches, the updates are included in version updates.

Offline davews

« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2015, 07:50:01 AM »
Does Avast ever offer fixes in the form of independent patches as opposed to being included in version update releases?

I ask because I don't like what I'm seeing in Avast 16 so far, but would certainly like to have this Pale Moon browser issue with the Avast login fixed for my Avast 15 version.
Surely apart from its interaction with my.avast.com the login problem is purely to do with the avast forum and my.avast.com websites. What has this to do with the issue state of the avast progam, it should be irrelevant and they could do the necessary changes at any time.
Still no update from Avast themselves.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2015, 08:11:57 AM »

Surely apart from its interaction with my.avast.com the login problem is purely to do with the avast forum and my.avast.com websites. What has this to do with the issue state of the avast progam, it should be irrelevant and they could do the necessary changes at any time.
Still no update from Avast themselves.

And I've found out there's not much hope there ever will be an update from Avast on this.

I know the last you've heard from Avast is the following:
Second response from Avast support just received:

"Hello Dave, I have reproduced it and sent to our developers.  When I will have any information i will contact you again."
Getting there maybe...

Dave, I've gone ahead and submitted a "Support Request" on this as of 11/8/15 as well - Ticket ID: 21898

After a few days of emails from Avast Support having me try a few workaround links none of which worked I got the following response after asking:
Will Avast be addressing this issue and eventually provide a patch or upgrade to fix this in the future?  If so do you know when?

Or will this be something that Avast will not be fixing at all going forward and therefore require users to have to use an alternate browser than Pale Moon for the foreseeable future?

Here's the response from Avast that I got after 5 previous messages to from Avast trying out ways to work-around the problem:
[since] it is an Avast issue, I dont think they would be considering trying to look for a possible resolution anytime soon. Palemoon is quite a small browser in comparison to Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer, if they found that this browser became a widely used one, then I am sure they would consider it. But for now, it works in other more popular browsers, so I would suggest using these when you need to login to Avast

It's really sad that Avast isn't interested in doing anything for Pale Moon users just because this browser is not considered "popular" enough for Avast to bother with.  :(

Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »
You are totally wrong.
avast is currently trying to make it work with Palemoon, but it is not "snapping with the fingers ét voila solved".

Somehow it seems that many people (especially the young ones) have forgotten (or don't know) what patience is.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2015, 01:57:16 PM »
I tried logging in with one of my three administrator accounts (don't know how I could have three), yesterday morning.  Used the same password as I do on my local administrator account  but it wouldn't work so I clicked on forgot password and the option to change password was sent to my hotmail account.  I clicked on the link to change my password and  typed in the password that I always use, then was able to log on to my administrator account.  ???

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2015, 03:45:00 PM »
I tried logging in with one of my three administrator accounts (don't know how I could have three), yesterday morning.  Used the same password as I do on my local administrator account  but it wouldn't work so I clicked on forgot password and the option to change password was sent to my hotmail account.  I clicked on the link to change my password and  typed in the password that I always use, then was able to log on to my administrator account.  ???
That always works when you swear your using the right password but it's not the one you actually used.
Been there, done that.
A computer doesn't forget. Users often do and usually blame the computer.  :) (It's the human thing to do.)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2015, 04:08:22 PM »
I was using the right password and it's the same one I use on my limited and administrator accounts.

Evidently my computer did forget the password.  I for sure didn't.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 05:17:09 PM by -midnight »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2015, 10:22:34 PM »
I was using the right password and it's the same one I use on my limited and administrator accounts.

Evidently my computer did forget the password.  I for sure didn't.
If it makes you happy. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2015, 12:09:55 AM »
You are totally wrong.
avast is currently trying to make it work with Palemoon, but it is not "snapping with the fingers ét voila solved".

Somehow it seems that many people (especially the young ones) have forgotten (or don't know) what patience is.

Simple question: How can I be "totally wrong" when all I'm doing is posting EXACTLY what was said to me in emails that I received from Avast Support concerning a ticket that I opened on the topic?

Eddy, I can forward the entire email chain to you or I can forward the emails that I referenced in my post here and you'll see that the emails came from Avast support.

I think it would be better worded to say that the Avast Support person I corresponded with is "wrong" based on the assumption that "avast is currently trying to make it work with Palemoon....".

I'm not debating whether they may or may not be, all I'm doing is posting the correspondence I had with Avast Support verbatim and based on this drawing the logical conclusion that if what was told to me in messages I received from Avast Support are true it would clearly be debatable as to when/if this gets done.

If you look at what I posted I asked: "Will Avast be addressing this issue and eventually provide a patch or upgrade to fix this in the future?  If so do you know when?...."

.... and the reply was "I dont think they would be considering trying to look for a possible resolution anytime soon. Palemoon is quite a small browser in comparison to Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer, if they found that this browser became a widely used one, then I am sure they would consider it. But for now, it works in other more popular browsers, so I would suggest using these when you need to login to Avast".

Perhaps my conclusion is a bit abrupt and we can possibly take out of what was said that while it may not be "anytime soon", Avast may eventually find "that this browser" is "widely used" enough to "consider it".  ;)  (that is using the same words that were told to me)

I do agree with you on one thing......  those young-ins tend to be way too inpatient!!!  8) ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:17:45 AM by lakrsrool »

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2015, 12:16:34 AM »
That always works when you swear your using the right password but it's not the one you actually used.
Been there, done that.
A computer doesn't forget. Users often do and usually blame the computer.  :) (It's the human thing to do.)

Isn't that the truth.... :)

I can't count the times I could swear I knew the right password but for some reason it didn't work. :-\

.... and the bigger problem is I can't even account for it based on age since it's been happening to me all my life!!!  ;)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2015, 12:23:14 AM »
Well I experienced that just as my alter ego went to log-in at WOT. As a security precaution they removed the password and you had to change passwords and had to fill out a Captcha to be able to again log-on. Good against website log-in insecurities or eventual attackers. I praise them for that.
I remember an old trick of an IT admin that always first gave in a wrong password and only in the second instance came up with the right one. Password and rhymes they can be a real pain in the proverbial parts. I all wish you a smooth log-on and Avast's security both offline and online,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!