Author Topic: Forum: Login problem  (Read 65426 times)

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
Re: Forum: Login problem
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »
@lakrsrool

"Firefox is About to Become an Almost Complete Copy of Chrome"

When this happens I'll use Pale Moon as my default browser because I definitely don't want anything close to Chrome on my computer.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 08:47:09 PM by -midnight »

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2015, 08:48:13 PM »
@lakrsrool,

I use Firefox ESR.

That's very interesting midnight, I wasn't aware of this version, thanks for that input.  As stated on the : Extended Support Release web page:

Who is it not for?

Individual users who always want the latest features, performance enhancements and technologies in their browser without waiting for them to become available in ESR several development cycles later.

Do you notice delays as far as what is released as compared to some of the topics discussed in the forum regarding releases having to do with the regular personal FF releases?

So then the Avast Online Security plugin we discussed on the previous page is available for the ESR version of FF?

Presumably this is the browser used where you work which is why you're using this version.
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2015, 08:50:28 PM »
@lakrsrool

"Firefox is About to Become an Almost Complete Copy of Chrome"

When this happens I'll use Pale Moon as my default browser because I definitely don't want anything close to Chrome on my computer.

Well it virtually has happened as of FFv42, but then you can't do anything about that as FF ESR is presumably at our work place.  :-\
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2015, 09:19:02 PM »
So then the Avast Online Security plugin we discussed on the previous page is available for the ESR version of FF?
Yes, but this is OT here.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline nana3

« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2015, 10:29:36 PM »
To stay on topic...

I just tried again to sign in with Pale Moon browser and this time it works... 

If this was fixed by Avast then thank you.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 10:36:36 PM by nana3 »

REDACTED

« Reply #140 on: December 10, 2015, 05:39:10 PM »
Thanks avast.
Im finally able to log in with pale moon my favourite web browser.

Even though i dont agree with this form of discrimination its nice to see that avast finally provided a solution.

Im puzzled as to why avast did not do this from the start.
Of course with google being a large corporation they no doubt shook a few dollars about to gain numero uno status with the avast team.

Ethics anyone..? 8)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #141 on: December 15, 2015, 04:35:51 PM »
Opera Version : 12.17
Build : 1863
Platform : Win32
System : Windows XP SP3
Browser identification : Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 5.1) Presto/2.12.388 Version/12.17
For the past week when I tried to open http://forum.avast.com I got :
Secure connection: fatal error (40) from server (Failed to connect to server. The reason may be that the encryption methods supported by the server are not enabled in the security preferences_.
Simply hitting reload and the page showed up fine.
Today the page loads without a problem, but after clicking "login" there is only the spinning waiting symbol and it doesn't go to the login page.

Opera 20.0
Version:   20.0.1387.82
System:   Windows XP 32-bit SP3
Browser identification : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36 OPR/20.0.1387.82

Each time when I try to post I get :
Unable to access the network
The connection to forum.avast.com was interrupted by a change in the network connection. Reload this webpage. Press the reload button to resubmit the data needed to load the page. Check your internet connection. Check any cables and reboot any routers, modems, or other network devices you may be using.
Only way to post is clicking the back button and click "post" again.

REDACTED

« Reply #142 on: December 15, 2015, 04:49:54 PM »
This is really sloppy work by avast and discriminatory in its very nature.
No avast ,not everyone wants to use google chrome thank you and attempting to shove it down avast users throats will not work either.
Maybe if enough opera users bark from the highest rooftops then avast may turn a deaf ear into a listening ear and actually sort thr god forsaken mess up.

Look at the amazing turnaround in regard to pale moon users.For weeks pale moon users could not log in and were then subsequently fed a mixture of avast contrived trollop as to why this was and then finally...VOILA.!! it was fixed.
Pure laziness and a security company should know better than to try and dictate what browser people should use. 8) 8)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2015, 05:55:22 PM »
Try to make a positive post for a change, or show everyone how it should be done in your opinion.
It seems you know it all and can do a much better job.

REDACTED

« Reply #144 on: December 15, 2015, 07:05:10 PM »
Try to make a positive post for a change, or show everyone how it should be done in your opinion.
It seems you know it all and can do a much better job.
Not a very helpful and conclusive reply. ???

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #145 on: December 15, 2015, 07:28:08 PM »
Indeed, you are not very helpful at all.
You don't come even close to something that is helpful  >:(

REDACTED

« Reply #146 on: December 15, 2015, 07:37:59 PM »
now you are just plain trolling. >:(

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #147 on: December 15, 2015, 09:22:50 PM »
 :o

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2015, 10:49:07 PM »
I've only noticed one troll in here and he's missing a first name of Benedict. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

REDACTED

« Reply #149 on: December 16, 2015, 12:12:14 AM »
I've only noticed one troll in here and he's missing a first name of Benedict. :)
dearest bob i am neither a troll or a traitor.