Author Topic: Removed from Play Store  (Read 16094 times)

Offline Cast

Removed from Play Store
« on: August 08, 2015, 02:20:31 AM »
Can no longer find AMS, was it removed intentionally?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Removed from Play Store
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 06:46:57 AM »
Confirmed. Very strange... :-\
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Cast

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 06:48:34 AM »
I was only alerted because someone had posted on the G+ avast beta feed.

Offline kaszast

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 06:28:38 PM »
Yep, Avast Mobile Security is missing from Google Play Store :(

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 12:46:55 AM »
Avast mobile security disappeared like a ghost from Google Play Store.  What about the monthly payments?  Will they keep charging us every month with out giving the service because the contract says it will be renewed automatically every month and to cancel it visit the Google store app. There is no app there!  How to cancel it?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 12:49:47 AM »
Yep, Avast Mobile Security is missing from Google Play Store :(
What about the monthly subscriptions? How to cancel it now?

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 12:59:59 AM »
Hi Sandeep700 :)

We ( forum members like you, and no Avast Employees ) have no clue what happened.
As soon as we have reaction from Avast, it will be shared here on the forum as well.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2015, 05:27:13 AM »
Before reading in this forum last night I Submitted an enquiry with Avast when trying to re-install Avast Premium Mobile Security back onto my phone. One can only hope Avast resolves this issue soon.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2015, 06:04:13 AM »
Before reading in this forum last night I Submitted an enquiry with Avast when trying to re-install Avast Premium Mobile Security back onto my phone. One can only hope Avast resolves this issue soon.
That's what backups are for :) if you have one, just click on the .apk file to reinstall.

I hope Avast pulled it temporarily and not google by some goofy new policy against protections, as they did with Adaway and others.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 07:30:48 PM »
Hi all,

I think I might have a  clue as to what happened,or why that is. I have been monitoring my battery usage over night for some time,and almost always look at running apps first thing in the morning. The processes and services that  run under Avast mobile are usually two processes, but on other occasions,there were three other's. Seems Avast was co-opting Google play services,and I'm not tlking about the vending service. I usually have three Google play processes that run separately,and Avast was hijacking two processes I think to help control things when the phone was in sleep mode. Either that,or the new service that Avast is running as a monitor of anonamized usage of apps is in conflict with Google's policy. But I really think that it is the co-opting play services, because Google has a strick policy about any app interfering with any other apps. Same reason why Adblock plus,and Adgaurd were pulled from playstore,was because they interfered with the ad SDKs in other apps,by blocking them. So,I'm sure this will be a very brief absence. :(

Offline Deborah S.

• Avast team
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 01:11:17 AM »
Thanks for being concerned about Avast Mobile Security. I'm sorry that you were left in the dark about this and had to speculate about what's happening.

Mobile team members were notified on Saturday that there were some issues with AMS and Avast Cleanup that needed to be addressed, and it took a little while for them to coordinate since it was the weekend and some folks are on vacation. At this time, we don't have any other details except that they assured us that they are working now and hope to have it restored very soon.

I'll update you as we hear more.
Deborah Salmi
Global Content & Social Media Manager
Avast Software

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 01:42:41 AM »
Dear Deborah S,

Thanks for your kind response. It is a small issue that became huge and caused panic among Avast lovers just because of the communication gap between Avast and its users. I am using Avast Antivirus for years now from the time it used to have that "blue revolving ball" as its logo and I was very disappointed when I saw your product just disappeared from the market. Anyway please inform your customers next time. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:47:37 AM by Sandeep700 »

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 02:28:45 AM »
Ok so where can we download an .apk file from so we can side load avast?

Offline Sam 2

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 02:32:52 AM »

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 04:25:47 AM »
Not only Avast Mobile Security is vanished from Play store but also Avast Cleanup Utility is gone. I have attached screenshot which shows only available Avast products currently available on Google Play Store. This is weired that even Avast is not responding to this matter in their blog or forum post.