Author Topic: Feel scammed...HELP!!!  (Read 7160 times)

REDACTED

Re: Feel scammed...HELP!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2015, 08:23:16 PM »
Wont let me log in to do a refund ticket, now says account does not exist.  This is been so stressful. You have been great BTW....what now?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »
Did you use the correct e-mail ?

I will ask on of the mods to assist

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2015, 08:38:25 PM »
WOnt let me in....says my email is not a recognized account now. If phone support was available where someone with your service was available would go along way, but the treatment from anything AVAST related other than the excellent support here cannot go far to create loyalty. Wish I wound have never clicked the Avast upgrade.  Now I have no protection and have to go through bank to charge back.

Headed home and will check in later.  Thanks again essex.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 08:52:54 PM »
In stall the free avast until we know where we are at

Offline davexnet

• Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2015, 11:50:12 PM »
Some general thoughts-
I use the free version, but since I've spent quite a lot of time in the forums, the culture of the company
begins to show itself in the kind of problems that show up, how they're handled and various attitudes about things.

avast does a lot of advertising through their popup system and it clearly works; people buy the product without doing much research,
or spending any time in the forums to get the "feel" of the place.  For novices, it's almost always this way, and they stay novices.

But if you try various A/V products, use their forums, see how they handle direct communications, whether it be a question or to
report a false positive, the difference in the professionalism and the way the culture of the company comes across -
can be very telling.  But you have to "wise up", to at least this point, before your decision to buy is in any way informed.

That's my 2 cents worth.
AMD FX-4300 4GB DDR3
avast free 2279 (Windows XP), MBAM free

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 04:42:39 PM »
That's a fair 2 cents worth and I agree. :)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 07:44:34 PM »
That's a fair 2 cents worth and I agree. :)

+1

@ davexnet  Well put.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »
Essexboy, want to thank you for your excellent help.  Still cannot get refund from Avast, but did get all the correct forms filed. The phone support team could use a few pointers from you and the team here though as you have been first class. Sorry to say though the horrible treatment from phone support has pushed me away from ever wanting to do business with the company.  I was very happy with the free Avast, but not being as skilled on all things computer related, I would guess I am not the first to run into this, and won't be the last. For those that do know their way around a computer better than I, I am sure they are able to understand the "click here to upgrade" add's, but we as the novice do not. And once they got our $ it seems they are not anxious to return it. Another negative. 

Suggestions, make the on hold time 5 minutes or less. No one has 20-30 60 minutes to waste on hold, and then be hung up on by a rude customer service rep (yes, I was very angry after that amount of time on hold, but if you pull the recorded conversation I was calm and civil until the person would not stop talking over me and then raised my voice. She refused to give me a manager to try and resolve this and then hung up on me.  We as paying customers should be given at least some respect on the phone, and you all here did a wonderful job. But with our money gone, there is not much being done by the "power that be" to right the wrong and make us feel any confidence in doing business with such tactics. There are enough real scams going on the internet for us all to be wary of, and then to be treated as we were (not by you, you deserve some say in how to treat customers with problems. You were excellent) and then NOT promptly refund our $ will leave a bad taste in anyones mouth.

Thanks again, and sorry you could not have been where I turned first.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2015, 04:45:11 PM »
Sorry that we could not be more proactive but as   users there is little that we can do