Author Topic: Sygate and Avast!  (Read 14666 times)

gtaillandier

Re:Sygate and Avast!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2003, 09:17:30 PM »
I use Sygate 5.5 and Avast 4 under Windows XP and I've encountered any problem.

stevejrc

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2003, 10:47:52 PM »
Pandora,
Do you know of a reliable Ram Defrag tool that firefighter could try?

any ideas yet? ???

try http://www.webattack.com/get/fastdefrag.html

freeware, reliable and no silly setup rules, automatic and manual  ;D

gtaillandier

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2003, 11:47:02 AM »
I use Sygate ( free version ) with avast ( free version ) and I don't have any problem.
I use Windows XP home edition ( french version ).

If it can  help.

Sincerely.

Culpeper

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2003, 05:30:44 PM »
The "smite master" needs to start taking it easy with the newcomers.  I suggest we do away with this nonesense.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2003, 05:32:19 PM »
what do you mean by nonsense???
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Culpeper

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2003, 05:46:52 PM »
It's a support board.  I see no reason for rating each other like children any more.  I've noticed someone is smiting people with less than 25 posts.  People making legitimate support related posts.  These people cannot see the applaud and smite links and probably wonder what the heck the negative number is for under there user id.  I've also noticed that this is an international board and sometimes things get lost in the translations and people get their feelings hurt simply due to the misinterpretation.  I also suspect we have a "smite master" that feels it is very serious business.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2003, 06:10:31 PM »
It's a support board.  I see no reason for rating each other like children any more.  I've noticed someone is smiting people with less than 25 posts.  People making legitimate support related posts.  These people cannot see the applaud and smite links and probably wonder what the heck the negative number is for under there user id.  I've also noticed that this is an international board and sometimes things get lost in the translations and people get their feelings hurt simply due to the misinterpretation.  I also suspect we have a "smite master" that feels it is very serious business.

Culpeper, I agree with you (except in the case of 'our' bryan, do you remember?). All of we must care about 'smiting' someone before he/she becomes a 'Jr. Member'. Anyway, the other users could [applaud] and the 'smite master' (if exists) could not have the power of all other users...  8)

Stop crying, you receive one each!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 09:22:37 PM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2003, 07:16:57 PM »
yes and my karma has gone from 15 to 13 ouch
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Culpeper

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2003, 09:51:40 PM »
I don't know who is doing it but it needs to stop.  I see no reason why MacLover should lose K's.  He's been very active and helpful since becoming a member and deserve recognition.  I've just noticed that newcomers with no provocation are receiving negative numbers before they are eligible to score points on others.

Don't misunderstand me.  I like the scoring.  I just suspect someone is playing games to run off newcomers.  I might just be paranoid though but it tends to make me suspicious and go on a mini smite campaign myself, which I'm not going to do anymore now that I have my suspicions.

Maybe the mods can set the time limit to once every few days or so for scoring on an individual instead of once an hour.  There are also options like showing total positive and total negative rather than a net score.

The bottom line is that I suspect someone is playing a game with the privilege.  

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2003, 10:17:32 PM »
I don't know who is doing it but it needs to stop.  

I totally agree with you culpeper

Culpeper

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2003, 10:58:21 PM »
We'll figure it out ;)

techie101

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2003, 02:23:40 AM »
Mac, Culpeper,

I will IM you both regarding this thread before we get slapped on the wrist by a moderator, but I do want to comment.

As for Sygate and Avast, I use them together on my XP and have not had any problems at all.

Sygate, Windows98 and Avast did not seem to get along.
I was unable to obtain a proper shutdown.  Sygate was the culprit here and I had to switch over to Zone Alarm.
ZA and Avast like each other fine!

techie