Author Topic: Cannot Allow Connection  (Read 5616 times)

REDACTED

Cannot Allow Connection
« on: August 12, 2015, 12:54:48 AM »
I have a licensed version of Avast SecureLine 1.0.7654 running on Android 5.0.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S4.  When I tap on the "Connect" button on the main SecureLine screen, I get a pop-up which reads:  "Allow Connection  Avast SecureLine is requesting permission to set up a VPN connection that will allow it to monitor network traffic.  Only allow this if you trust the source.  An icon will be shown at the top of your screen while the VPN is in use.  Allow?"  At the bottom of the pop-up are "Cancel" and "OK" buttons.  I cannot tap on the "OK" button.  It does not register the tap (I have tried rotating the screen to eliminate the possibility of a problem with the screen itself.  Only the "Cancel" button recognizes my input.  I have reinstalled the app and that did not fix the issue.

What can I do to enable the "OK" button?

REDACTED

Re: Cannot Allow Connection
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 10:02:26 PM »
I found the solution in the Google Play comments section.  I will paste the response here just in case anyone else searches for this problem on this forum.

Thank you, Matt Bryant.

August 9, 2015
IF YOU USE "LUX" APP YOU MUST TURN IT OFF TO CONTENT FIRST TIME Had problem where I couldn't hit OK to let Avast VPN connect. I FOUND THE FIX. In my case it's the brightness adjusting app "LUX", as it did the same thing in another settings conformation dialog box on Android 5.1 and I found out all you have to do is turn Lux off just for a minute to connect the first time. After that you can leave it on and it works fine... Hope this helps.