Author Topic: Pc doesn't start normally  (Read 2582 times)

archkre

Pc doesn't start normally
« on: November 19, 2005, 11:27:57 PM »
Since updated to version 4.6.731, when turning on the PC, it seems to start normally, but suddenly it turns off.
In the third or fourth attempt my PC starts normally, any idea what could by causing this malfunction?
Thanks a lot

galooma

Re: Pc doesn't start normally
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 11:37:02 PM »
Hi and welcome ,
there could be a host of reasons for this .When you updated ,did you get a notice of succsessful update and request to reboot?
What is your OS and system specs?
You can REPAIR your installation if you are doubtful of the latest update . In add/remove programs there is an option to repair (you must be online to perform this function)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 02:23:16 PM »
Since updated to version 4.6.731, when turning on the PC, it seems to start normally, but suddenly it turns off.
In the third or fourth attempt my PC starts normally, any idea what could by causing this malfunction?

Better will be disabling the automatic restart after a crash, take a note of the error messages and post them again.
Control Panel > System > Advanced > Initialization > Uncheck the automatic restart after a crash.
The best things in life are free.

archkre

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 04:55:35 PM »
No, it is not a Crash!, it happens in the morning, tries to start and at some point it shuts off and I have to push the button of PC over and over untill @ try #33
it works?
It is like a car that has no gas...

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 03:17:53 PM »
The computer shuts down by itself? Sounds like a hardware problem... I'd suggest to check the fans inside of the case, especially on the CPU.