Author Topic: Anyone else having problem installing Avast after a Win10 System Recovery?  (Read 1495 times)

REDACTED

So I just did a System Recovery on my laptop (Lenovo) and everything worked fine until I installed Avast Antivirus. I could not log in with my account on the laptop, and it said Avast was deactivated. When I later rebooted my computer, I could no longer get into Win10, safe mode did not work nor rebooting. I was stuck in a reboot loop. The only thing I could do was to do another system recovery, and I did a system recovery again. Same thing happened after installing Avast. I had to do the "Remove the files and clean the drive", my third attempt to get my computer working. The system recoverys before that was the faster recovery alternative. And now it finally worked.

I dont know why, but the first 2 attempts after installing Avast it did not find the internet (could not log in) and it said it was deactivated and I could not activate it no matter how much I tried. And that boot loop thing happend when I rebooted. Anyone have had similar issues with windows system recovery?  :'(

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Anyone else having problem installing Avast after a Win10 System Recovery?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 03:25:08 PM »
Why did you do a system recovery?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.