Author Topic: Windows boots to avast grimefighter  (Read 2860 times)

REDACTED

Windows boots to avast grimefighter
« on: September 02, 2015, 12:25:16 AM »
Whenever I attempt to boot my laptop it boots to avast grimefighter, prepares to load before giving a black screen.

context: I have windows 10 installed onto my laptop and it gave me a "critical error" for the start menu and cortana. I had previously read about avast being a cause for this, so decided to reinstall avast.
After putting my computer into safe mode through msconfig, I uninstalled avast and then restarted my computer through msconfig (in order to stop safe mode). I don't know if it worked as when it attempted to boot, it loaded into avast grimefighter.

I've tried to load into safe mode using f8 when the computer is booting up (before avast grimefighter) and it just shows ^[[19~ in the top left hand corner of the screen

I really hope someone can help.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Windows boots to avast grimefighter
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 06:58:23 AM »
Check the boot order in your BIOS.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0