Author Topic: Win32:Parite Virus  (Read 5909 times)

Twist

Win32:Parite Virus
« on: November 20, 2003, 03:35:34 PM »
I just got Avast today. Brilliant program. It's found 1062 infected files on my computer already, most of those by the Win32:Parite virus. And i thought i had everything covered with zone alarm pro!

I have deleted almost all of the infected files, but there are still more in my windows folder (including system32), which could not be repaired, and i dont want to delete them for obvious reasons. Can i repair any of these files or do i have to format my computer? If i do have to format, will it have to be a system or dos level format?

Thanks for any help.

Twist
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 05:32:41 PM by Twist »

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:PARSE Virus
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2003, 05:33:22 PM »
Hm, is "PARSE" the exact name, or does Avast report " Win32:Parite"?
MfG Ralf

Twist

Re:Win32:Parite Virus
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 05:39:29 PM »
sorry, i rectified my mistake about 10 minutes ago. It is indeed the Win32:parite virus.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 05:44:24 PM by Twist »

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2003, 05:53:05 PM »
Then you should reinstall your Windows complete. Backup the data you need(and test if the Backup is okay!!), start from your Windows CD  and just normally format your Harddisc. But thats only my opinion. ;)

If you do not want that, you can ask igor for a Parite cleaner.
MfG Ralf

JimIT

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2003, 06:52:29 PM »
I just got Avast today. Brilliant program. It's found 1062 infected files on my computer already, most of those by the Win32:Parite virus. And i thought i had everything covered with zone alarm pro!

I have deleted almost all of the infected files, but there are still more in my windows folder (including system32), which could not be repaired, and i dont want to delete them for obvious reasons. Can i repair any of these files or do i have to format my computer? If i do have to format, will it have to be a system or dos level format?

Thanks for any help.

Twist

Before you reformat, I would reboot into Safe Mode and do another scan from there.  It's possible that some of the files cannot be cleaned because they are loaded into memory.

Avast may be able to clean them if you can get them while they're inactive.