Author Topic: IS blocking internet connections  (Read 4015 times)

REDACTED

IS blocking internet connections
« on: August 26, 2015, 12:49:53 AM »
We found out that the version of Avast that was on my husbands computer was the Free version. We purchased the IS license last year and didnt realize the license file didnt take. So I upgraded his free to the IS with a copy of the licensing. (we got it for 3 computers) immediately after upgrading and rebooting his Battle.net application will not load ( he had been using it just before we upgraded) and firefox is taking 18-22 seconds to load. We also had to disable the shields one by one to regain our internet connection since it had disabled right after rebooting. We found the secure VPN shield was disabling our net connection and the shields are also causing the delay in boot up for firefox however we can not figure out the why or how. the settings for his avast are all the same as mine.  Any ideas? Battle.net is a blizzard application that works as a game launcher.

REDACTED

Re: IS blocking internet connections
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 05:28:06 AM »
Had the same issue and had to add Avast in the Windows Firewall allowed programs list. Even with this it'll block the internet but way less often. Then there's the issue of websites being blocked:

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=174945.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 11:00:03 PM »
I have had a similar problem with Avast Pro Internet Security 2015 blocking certain websites from loading since yesterday.  All of a sudden it will not allow me to access huffington post, foodnetwork or best buy websites using links or through the address bar.  I initially thought that it was a firefox issue because of a recent update, but I tried 2 other browsers with the same problems.  After disabling Avast I was able to connect to the 3 websites that I have found are being blocked so far.  I came online looking for solutions and to try and find my license number to uninstall and reinstall the program.  I haven't had any luck with either.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 11:05:17 PM »
I should also mention that Avast is already allowed through Windows Firewall on my computer.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 11:21:31 PM »
Does it change if you turn off https scan?

Avast 2015: Managing HTTPS scanning in Web Shield    https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB189#artTitle

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 10:26:38 PM »
Pondus
I tried turning off the https scan in Web Shield and it didn't make any difference.  The only way I am able to access certain websites is to disable Avast.  I'm now aware of 5 websites that are being blocked, 2 of those are sites I pay bills on so no bueno.  I tried using the Safe Zone browser to connect to these sites to see if it made any difference, it didn't.  I'm going to request they resend my license uninstall and then reinstall.  Hopefully that does the trick.  Keep your fingers crossed for me. 

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 11:28:25 PM »
Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't do anything but waste my time.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 11:40:15 PM »
A person on another thread was having a similar problem with Avast blocking websites and was able to get the pages to load by turning off web shield.  So I gave it a shot and no luck.  I'm beginning to believe that it's about time to find a new antivirus provider.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 11:41:00 PM »
lets see if we can spot the problem with a diagnostic tool

see instructions here  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
scroll down to second picture .. Farbar Recovery scan Tool .. follow instructions and attach the two diagnostic logs

see below the box you write in ... Attachments and other options

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2015, 12:19:19 AM »
Pondus
I decided to give Avast free a shot when uninstalling Avast Pro and that eliminated the problem with websites being blocked.  I am willing to run the Farbar tool if you think that it will still be able to pinpoint the problem.  Let me know.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2015, 12:20:47 AM »
yes run it, essexboy have solved many cases from these logs    ;)

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 02:51:29 AM »
Pondus
Here are the logs.  The link you provided instructed to run malwarebytes first so I did and have attached the results along with the Farbar logs.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2015, 03:30:25 PM »
Try after this run

CAUTION :  This fix is only valid for this specific machine, using it on another may break your computer

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

CreateRestorePoint:
S2 McAPExe; "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\McAPExe.exe" [X]
Task: {77838ADE-DF91-444A-B6BB-114748E2A6A0} - System32\Tasks\Gegnuegiulak => C:\ProgramData\Gegnuegiulak\1.0.1.0\hiehanas.exe <==== ATTENTION
Task: {9A520F85-947A-47B4-BB35-474B11094F9E} - \watchHealth -> No File <==== ATTENTION
Task: {EE3FCA67-ACC3-4D75-AB7C-6443F418733A} - \NetEngine -> No File <==== ATTENTION
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\mcpltsvc => ""=""
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Network\mcpltsvc => ""=""
C:\ProgramData\Gegnuegiulak
C:\Program Files\McAfee
RemoveProxy:
CMD: netsh advfirewall reset
CMD: netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state ON
CMD: ipconfig /flushdns
CMD: netsh winsock reset catalog
CMD: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
CMD: ipconfig /release
CMD: ipconfig /renew