Author Topic: Regarding Email in Profile  (Read 2899 times)

lava1

Regarding Email in Profile
« on: November 22, 2005, 01:51:37 PM »
Hi  I was wondering why I change my email in Profile yesterday and for some reason the new VPS this morning 547-0 went to my old email address to let me know there was a new one if someone can tell me what I did wrong I would apprecate any help Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Regarding Email in Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 02:03:54 PM »
Lava, you need:
1. Subscribe into your new email account
AND
2. Unsubscribe from the old one

The step 1 does not do the step 2 automatically.
Did you do that?
The best things in life are free.

lava1

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 02:44:38 PM »
I did not do that and I deleted the other one so what do I need to do now do I have to reregister again.  Thanks again

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 05:15:24 PM »
You misunderstood Tech's advice... e-mail inside your forum profile has nothig to do with e-mail notifications regarding VPS updates. You have to cancel your old account (using your old e-mail), and re-register with new e-mail.

See here:

Go here:

http://www.avast.com/eng/subscription_service2.html

At the bottom of the page you'll see ENTER YOU E-MAIL. Enter your old e-mail address and then choce UNSUBSCRIBE from the box below. Click on SEND REQUEST and that's it. Your account with old e-mail address assigned to it is gone.

Now repeat the process but this time type your new e-mail address and chose SUBSCRIBE. Click on SEND REQUEST and you're done.

See attached screenshot:

« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 05:29:31 PM by S.Z.Craftec »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 05:24:33 PM »
Sorry, I mess two different things: the email into the Profile (that you can hide, unhide or change).
The email used for notifications of VPS updates.  :-[ :P
The best things in life are free.