Author Topic: Device in Danger - PC turned off  (Read 3425 times)

REDACTED

Device in Danger - PC turned off
« on: August 28, 2015, 01:38:25 AM »
Hi there,

I'm just trialing this cloud avast business on a company I support, so far so good and I'm considering rolling it out completely. One issue I do have however is the notifications for PCs that haven't updated in some time.  One in particular is a laptop which they only use every couple of months. Is there a way to put a hold on notifications for devices you know are going to be off for a period of time?

Cheers,

Josh

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
Re: Device in Danger - PC turned off
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:44:19 PM »
Hi Josh,

We are working on a new notification system but I'm not exactly sure at this point what changes are going to be made. Will try to keep this post updated as I find out more info.

Thanks!

Jeff

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 04:46:42 AM »
Thanks Jeff, its not a huge issue but it looks pretty bad when my manager looks to the status of our AV and notices a big red warning stating our devices are in danger when in reality they're just off and locked in a drawer for a month, maybe just some option to pause alerts on specific devices

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 01:56:59 PM »
We have the same issue with the message device in danger. Would be very fine if we can close the warning or deactivate it through a setting.
It shows that the mail shield is deactivated on two of our servers. But the shield must be deactivated because the emails from our MFP scan Printers where blocked by this shield.
I hope there will be an update soon.
Regards

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 06:50:37 PM »
+1 for this request. We have a set of loaner laptops that get used on occasion. It could be months between use, during which time they are powered off.