Author Topic: ZoneAlarm version:6.1.737.000  (Read 13115 times)

Neron

Re: ZoneAlarm version:6.1.737.000
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 09:14:28 PM »
I'm using the pro versio too.Privacy control is disabled.Do i need spyware protections since i have microsoft antispyware and can this make some conflicts?

Neron

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 10:19:40 PM »
I really need help about zone alarm.I want to stop the program behevior monitoring.It asks me about every program...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 10:58:25 PM »
Do i need spyware protections since i have microsoft antispyware and can this make some conflicts?
It shouldn't hurt... But, of course, two antispywares and one antivirus could take a lot of resources.
It's up to you to make the balance on protection and performance.
The best things in life are free.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 09:32:56 AM »
I really need help about zone alarm.I want to stop the program behevior monitoring.It asks me about every program...

Try to set program control level from High to Medium. I have only several warnings per day about suspicious behavior. If you want to disable these warnings at all - set level to Low (but I can't say I recommend you to do it)  ;)

AvastForever

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 09:37:10 AM »

Try to set program control level from High to Medium. I have only several warnings per day about suspicious behavior. If you want to disable these warnings at all - set level to Low (but I can't say I recommend you to do it)  ;)

Yes because that just destroying what firewall is meant to do. Turning to Low is not a wise thing to do. ;D

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2005, 10:16:15 AM »
Neron said:

I can see your point, it is so irritating when you install a program whose purpose is to alert you to those programs that want access to the internet and then it alerts you to those programs that want access to the internet -- just in case one of them might be sending all you personal information to another location -- oh well, never mind.  You might just as well uninstall it. 

If you uninstall avast too it will not give you any annoying alerts either.

AvastForever

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 10:20:31 AM »
Neron said:

I can see your point, it is so irritating when you install a program whose purpose is to alert you to those programs that want access to the internet and then it alerts you to those programs that want access to the internet -- just in case one of them might be sending all you personal information to another location -- oh well, never mind.  You might just as well uninstall it. 

If you uninstall avast too it will not give you any annoying alerts either.

And mine as well drow away or burn your PC, that way you wont recieve any alerts or errors messaging. Good way to handle life simple stuff. ;) Or your computer just fine, it just the secruity stuff, well just uninstall you firewall, antivirus, anti-spyware, and access the internet. That should stop the alerts, if not just burn your PC. Is that easy. :D

« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 10:24:45 AM by AvastForever »

Neron

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 11:00:24 AM »
I think if i disable the OS firewall from the custom settings these alerts will stop.The problem is always the same.They want to connect to flextype...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 05:26:02 PM »
This is something that yes at first can be intrusive, but one you have run your programs for the first time and you confirm that it is ok for them to connect.

Then generally your firewall won't ask again unless an element of that program has changed so the next time it tries to connect the firewall should ask permission.

So after the virtual storm will come the calm.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2005, 09:40:53 PM »
I think that the incompatibility problem was not resolved completly yet.  The cookies in yahoo mail expires after you log in in your account. I use both Privacy settings of ZAPRO in "Medium" with avast webshield enabled. When I click in the link "inbox" to checkl my email yahoo requested to re-loing because the cookies expired. If I disable webshield I can surf yahoo mail without problem
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Offline alanrf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Just an avast user
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 10:02:13 PM »
calcu007,

another user reported cookies problems after recent updates to avast and ZAPRO.

The solution for that user was to re-answer the question in the avast/ZA compatiblity screen.

See this thread:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=17761.msg151057#msg151057