Author Topic: Tags.bluekai.com  (Read 4076 times)

REDACTED

Tags.bluekai.com
« on: August 31, 2015, 12:45:52 AM »
I recently purchased a new laptop (High End Asus Gaming Laptop) and everything was going well. I noticed that my PC began to constantly download files to my downloads folder. Often they were copies of the same file over and over. All of the files being downloaded are named by a number such as 73261 and the Icon for them is simply a "Scroll". Each of the files has a location which they were downloaded from as Tags.Bluekai.com. I have always used Avast Premier and received no notification from avast as a virus/worm/Trojan which could be causing this. I did a little research and found out it is a type of virus that tries to hijack your web browser and redirect to maliscious sites. I have followed all the recommendations found online to remove this threat which included resetting my browser completely, rebooting, I paid over $100 for software that was supposed to find and remove this threat (Spyhunter 4, Reg Hunter, Upgraded to the highest level of Avast, and even bought the optimizer from avast) but I am still being plagued with this problem. I have noticed that I receive the majority of these downloads when I visit the BestBuy.com website. I thought that all of these fixes had taken care of the problem until I returned to BestBuy.com a few minutes ago and all of a sudden I have 5 Tags.Bluekai.com downloads in my download folder again. I am running Windows 10 with Edge as my browser. This thing is driving me crazy. I do not see any seriously detrimental effects of the virus except for the fact that it will download these files continuously until my hard drive is full if I cant find a solution to stop this. I do not know where I would have contracted this from, I have never seen this particular virus/threat before and I am generally very cautious about downloading any type of suspect software from unknown providers.  PLEASE....if anyone can help with this issue I would be eternally greatful. It sucks having a brand new $2000 laptop that is 3 days old and already having it infected with who knows what.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Tags.bluekai.com
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 12:54:51 AM »
follow instructions here  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0
attach Malwarebytes and Farbar Recovery Scan Tool logs ... 3 logs total

see below the box you write in ... Attachments and other options

When done a malware expert will assist you ... tomorrow european time

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 02:00:23 AM »
Ok. I followed all of the instructions above. Thanks. As far as I can tell, neither of the suggested malware programs found any issues but I am still being plaued by the issue. I am attaching the logs requested above.

As an update I have tried all of the following malware/virus/cleaner software listed below and have not found an issue using any of them......

ADWCLEANER
Avast Premium
Kaspersky IS
Spyhunter 4
RegHunter
Spybot Search and Destroy
MBAM
FRST64

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 02:39:52 AM »
Another log file...

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 02:42:58 AM »
Downloading evry tool know to mankind does not help, this need and expert to remove

they will be online after work hours european time

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:18:42 AM by Pondus »

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 08:41:53 AM »
hey please also attach the mbam log it could have some information for the expert how will help you.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »
http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/acquisitions/bluekai/index.html

You can opt out here http://www.bluekai.com/registry/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/top-100-websites-how-are-they-tracking-you/

There is nothing on your computer, hence none of the antimalware/virus programmes found anything

Those that categorically say they can remove it are telling porky pies  as it is akin to google analytics

CAUTION :  This fix is only valid for this specific machine, using it on another may break your computer

Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

CreateRestorePoint:
2015-08-13 11:55 - 2015-08-13 11:58 - 00000000 ____D C:\Users\louis\AppData\Roaming\Curse Advertising
RemoveProxy:
EmptyTemp:
CMD: bitsadmin /reset /allusers

Save this as fixlist.txt, in the same location as FRST.exe

Run FRST and press Fix
On completion a log will be generated please post that

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2015, 09:30:09 PM »
I used the provided text file in the previous post and ran the software using the provided information. I used the fix feature and the following log was produced. I'm not sure if this has fixed the problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

On another note, can anyone suggest where this malware/issue may have come from so that I can avoid it in the future?

See attatched fix log and please advise as to what it means and if it was successful.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2015, 09:40:21 PM »
Did you read what essexboy said? .... click the links essexboy gave you and read the info