Author Topic: How to locate the "unscannable" files to take a look at them?  (Read 5124 times)

REDACTED

How to locate the "unscannable" files to take a look at them?
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:17:28 PM »
I have just added Avast Mac Security 2015 yesterday. Some of the files it reports it is unable to scan but I don't see how to take a look at those files and consider deleting them if I don't need them. I only see it giving me a number. Is there some place I can go to find the files it noted were unscannable? Every antivirus I've had before would typically list them for me. Avast seems only to list the paths of virus detections. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

also is it normal for it to only be through with 3 percent of a scan of an external drive i use for Time machine after 10 hours? i think I'll reformat that partition and put a new time machine thing on it and be done with it. I can't take a week scanning the drive. It said 3 percent after 2 hours and then after 10 hours. It might have still said 3 percent 20 hours later on that partition and it was pathetically slow even on simple .rtf files when scanning a time machine partition on an external drive (not slow on regular partitions or the internal drive).

(Also I am having problems reading the captcha to post in the forum when it starts trying to be cute and tricky in an illegible manner.)

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: How to locate the "unscannable" files to take a look at them?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 09:08:05 PM »
I have just added Avast Mac Security 2015 yesterday. Some of the files it reports it is unable to scan but I don't see how to take a look at those files and consider deleting them if I don't need them. I only see it giving me a number. Is there some place I can go to find the files it noted were unscannable? Every antivirus I've had before would typically list them for me. Avast seems only to list the paths of virus detections. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Use the right mouse button menu to show the files.

also is it normal for it to only be through with 3 percent of a scan of an external drive i use for Time machine after 10 hours? i think I'll reformat that partition and put a new time machine thing on it and be done with it. I can't take a week scanning the drive. It said 3 percent after 2 hours and then after 10 hours. It might have still said 3 percent 20 hours later on that partition and it was pathetically slow even on simple .rtf files when scanning a time machine partition on an external drive (not slow on regular partitions or the internal drive).

When scanning TimeMachine partitions, the scanner sees every backup copy as a whole hard disk,
so the amount of data to scan can be extremely high.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »
Where or on what do I click with my right mouse button? It doesn't produce a menu when pressed anywhere within Avast.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 12:38:48 PM »
Where or on what do I click with my right mouse button? It doesn't produce a menu when pressed anywhere within Avast.

On the scan results table.