Author Topic: Avast don't want to keep some General Settings after reboot  (Read 2604 times)

REDACTED

Avast don't want to keep some General Settings after reboot
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:31:46 PM »
Hello,

Currently having an issue where rebooting computer would reset some General Settings.  Effected settings are as followed:
"Participate in the Avast community"
"Enable reputation services"
These two items are always checked on after reboot.  Is there anyway this can be controlled through the cloud?

Kind Regards,
Larry

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
Re: Avast don't want to keep some General Settings after reboot
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 06:20:46 PM »
Hi Larry,

Not at this time. We are working on adding more settings to the portal but I'm not sure when these will be included at this point.

Thanks!

Jeff

REDACTED

Re: Avast don't want to keep some General Settings after reboot
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 05:08:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply Jeff,

As what I said previously, rebooting computer would reset some General Settings (specifically the two I mentioned).  Is there any fix to this problem? It seems that these settings are left on deliberately and your response by not at this time gives me doubt on everyone’s security.  I’m sure some people that have unchecked it and left all settings alone does not realize that it resets and their “anonymous” data are collected without their consent.  Controlled on the cloud would be the best way to achieve peace of mind after restart, update, etc, that these settings would hopefully stay static and not reset.

Kind Regards,
Larry