Author Topic: Avast is using a lot of my rescources stopping me using video & internet browser  (Read 1885 times)

REDACTED

I have had to stop avast doing updates automatically as the program stops me using my browser and videos online.  So how can I reduce this problem.  I have not a bad computer 64bit 4GB ram
System Manufacturer   Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model   GA-MA74GM-S2
System Type   x64-based PC
Processor   AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 3000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory   4.00 GB
Available Physical Memory   1.73 GB
Total Virtual Memory   8.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory   3.97 GB
Is there something I have set right for this program to slow me down and not allow me to view the internet?
Thanks for your help

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
What Service Pack is installed>
Operating System? It's 64bit, but what is the OS? Windows 7,8,10?
What previous antivirus did it have prior to Avast?

Have you tried a repair of avast via add/remove?
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

REDACTED

Thanks for your reply - its Win 7 64bit.  And I have had Avast for years now.  But I did recently reload Win7 and restarted the whole process again.  Never had this problem before.  I have knocked anything out that is greedy like Windows media and other software that isn't relevant to the operating system.

That is it.  I haven't done anything to change avast.  except now I have put the updates on manual load up which I will now have to do once a day