Author Topic: Google Chrome and Avast Safe Zone  (Read 4315 times)

REDACTED

Google Chrome and Avast Safe Zone
« on: September 14, 2015, 10:08:33 AM »
Hello,
I am using the DuckDuckGo browser along with my AIS 2015 and Malwarebytes Pro version on my computers.  Should I be using Google Chrome as my default browser, please?  The reason I ask is the fact that I have read about Google Chrome has come out with new security patches and since Avast Safe Zone uses Chrome as the default browser, may be I should be using it, instead of DuckDuckGo?   I really like DuckDuckGo, as it does not track your searches, etc, but if I need to install Google Chrome so I can keep my Safe Zone updated with the latest security patches, I guess it would be wise to do.  Any help here, please?

Thanks for your time and please enjoy your day or evening where ever you live.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: Google Chrome and Avast Safe Zone
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 01:14:48 PM »
Hi SlyFox :)

Avast Safezone doesn't use Google Chrome, but Avast's own custom build of the open source webbrowser Chromium :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromium_%28web_browser%29

And Google Chrome is also based on Chromium.
So the SafeZone webbrowser and Google Chrome are two different webbrowsers, only based on the same code.
Whatever default browser you use, it doesn't matter.

That said, I see that you are using MBAM Pro, and I am curious if the SafeZone webbrowser is working with you ?

A note : In Avast 2016, SafeZone will be replaced by something new which also includes SafeZone, but in a different way.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 02:26:01 AM »
Hello Rednose,
Thank You for answering my question.  With Malwarebytes Pro on both of my computers, I have not noticed any issues with Safe Zone.  Is their anything specific I need to keep an eye out with Safe Zone, please?  Is their any type of security software that would prevent any one from spying on me while I am using Safe Zone, or does AIS (Safe Zone) has me protected, please?

Thanks again and have a great evening or day.

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »
Hi,

Thank You for answering my question.  With Malwarebytes Pro on both of my computers, I have not noticed any issues with Safe Zone.

There are some users who have a problem that the current SafeZone browser is not working with MBAM Premium running.
If it is working with you, there is no problem and nothing to worry about.

Is their anything specific I need to keep an eye out with Safe Zone, please?  Is their any type of security software that would prevent any one from spying on me while I am using Safe Zone, or does AIS (Safe Zone) has me protected, please?

Protecting you from spying of other software ( or malware ! ) on your system is exactly what SafeZone does :)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline loray109

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 06:46:47 AM »
Hello,
I am having problems with using SafeZone not working at all.  Originally I thought it was Malwarebytes - I entered exclusions and SafeZone would work for maybe an hour, then it stopped working.  I uninstalled Avast with avast clear in safe mode and re-installed many times - one of them using the online installer but again SafeZone worked for a while then stopped working.  This has been happening since the new version of Avast has come out recently.  I then deleted Malwarebytes (paid) from computer completely using their uninstall program, but still SafeZone isn't working.  I had a ticket with Avast, but that has closed now because I said everything was working.  Can someone please help me?  Thank you

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 01:57:04 AM »
Hello,
I am having problems with using SafeZone not working at all.  Originally I thought it was Malwarebytes - I entered exclusions and SafeZone would work for maybe an hour, then it stopped working.  I uninstalled Avast with avast clear in safe mode and re-installed many times - one of them using the online installer but again SafeZone worked for a while then stopped working.  This has been happening since the new version of Avast has come out recently.  I then deleted Malwarebytes (paid) from computer completely using their uninstall program, but still SafeZone isn't working.  I had a ticket with Avast, but that has closed now because I said everything was working.  Can someone please help me?  Thank you

Hello,
I see no one has helped you on your post.  It would be best if you start a new thread and one of the experts will assist you.  I am using Windows 7 and have no issues with Safe Zone.  You did not say what Windows version you are using.  Please indicate what Windows version you are using when you start a new thread.  Thanks.