Author Topic: QuickTimeStreaming.qtx infected by Win32:Trojano-2949 [Trj]  (Read 14402 times)

sihinch

Re: QuickTimeStreaming.qtx infected by Win32:Trojano-2949 [Trj]
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 02:53:04 PM »
I have this problem too, got a Trojan put into the virus chest now itunes and quicktime wont work.

I couldn't remove itunes or quicktime using the windows install wizard. I have tried re-installing both software programmes but neither would reload.

Stupidly I have deleted the quicktime folder from the program files directory and I still can't reinstall either itunes of quicktime.

How can I fix this, please help me! ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 05:18:03 PM »
How can I fix this, please help me! ???
If you haven't managed the Windows Registry (did not use Registry Cleaners, etc.) I think you can install these applications in another computer with the same operational system (XP), copy the installed folder to your computer and try to repair the installation (reinstall or uninstall/install).
The best things in life are free.

lantiero

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 06:13:04 PM »
Auch, I manage it!  ;D

I've been trying by trial and error since yesterday.

After a thorough clean up from all references to iTunes and QuickTime I tried installing QT 7.0.3 stand alone as someone suggested, but it didn't work.

Anyway, I have eventually found an old Quicktime/iTunes installation dating back to September. I think it was in C:\windows\installer, but I can't find it anymore now, so I might be wrong.

I ran QT installer that was there (7.0.2) - OK
Then iTunes 5-something - OK

Now i had an old iTunes in need OS a security update...

Worked with it for a short while - OK - Nice.

Out and in again in windows xp.

Installed on top of the old files the last iTunes setup. It complained again about the -3 error while installing QT 7.0.3, but after that it said it was all well.

In fact I have my iTunes alive and kinkin' - at last!   ;)

TonyP

« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 11:50:07 PM »
My Avast detected a "Trojan" virus which I asked it to delete. Since then my iTUnes and QT do not open and give me the message "xxxxx has encountered a problem and needs to shut down" etc. I have tried re-installing iTunes but to no avail. I cannot uninstall QT however. I get the message "Error Number 0x80040707. Description DLL function call crashed:QTInstallcode.QuicktimeuninstallProc". Now I am no techie and I need help PLEASE. Is this a problem with Avast ? I have only had it for a little while.

boehm10

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2005, 03:58:53 AM »
Please, please, please help.  I am suffering from the same problem.  I deleted the file instead of sending it to the chest and now my i-tunes wont work, nor will my quicktime.  I cannot uninstall quicktime and when i re-install i-tunes it does not help either.    Please tell me it can be fixed, I feel helpless.

Thanks,

lantiero

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2005, 10:41:41 AM »
Tony, boehm, if you haven't touched anything, getting QuickTimeStreaming.qtx back in place should do the trick.

However, if you deleted it, the only thing is to get it from someone, but if you've deleted folders and/or uninstalled QT or iTunes I can suggest only what I've done as described on my previous message. I can't say for sure if that will help you too, I'm afraid.

Let us know.

moose2001

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 05:37:20 PM »
Hi

I've tried all the suggestions above and nothing will get itunes working again. I've spent nearly five hours trying everything I can think of to fix it. All I get on starrting itunes is the Microsoft error message screen. Any help or advice greatly appreciated otherwise I may have to jump out the window. Thanks.

kanalk

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2005, 05:42:09 PM »
Hello

I have the same problem with iTunes and QTime....

Please send me this e-mail tooo

Thank you

moose2001

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2005, 06:07:07 PM »
I've found a fix :-) (for me anyway)

Download the stand-alone player of Quicktime at the following location (Windows). Itunes works perfectly after this:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html

NB Downloading itunes with quicktime does not fix the error.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks!

sihinch

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2005, 09:46:23 AM »
Can't get any of the suggested repairs to work, an other ideas, anyone? ???