Author Topic: Malicious e-mail link, now afraid of infection...  (Read 2181 times)

REDACTED

Malicious e-mail link, now afraid of infection...
« on: September 09, 2015, 11:03:06 AM »
The thing is that yesterday I was in Skype group chat with few friends and acquaintances of mine, and one of them told us that he had recieved some spam e-mail and wanted to show it to us and he copypasted it to his Skype message. However he left the obvious spam link that was included in the message clickable and since I quickly scrolled it and not knowing what it was about, I went and kind of clicked it by oversight...

The link itself (in copypasted spam e-mail it said "Important message, click here:*some random link*") redirected me to somewhere called "DailyBusinessDirect.com/*some random numbers and letters*", which appeared to be some fake-looking news site with random old Youtube video attached in it's page I went to. Avast Online Security addon icon showed red and I closed the page. I didn't manage to get any weird download popups etc. and Avast didn't alert any infection attempts. I also had noscript and adblock active.

Yesterday I already ran full scans with Avast and Malwarebytes (though I rebooted my computer beforehand) and they didn't find anything, and by far my computer doesn't show visible/functional marks of malware infection. However, being easily paranoid, I still cannot help to be afraid about some new modern super secret malicious program hiding in my computer...   :-[

I've ran Farbar and I'm running aswMBR right now, I'll add it's log later. If someone could check if my computer's alright I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: I ran Avast boot scan just a while ago, didn't find anything.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:06:35 PM by Pernaman »

REDACTED

Re: Malicious e-mail link, now afraid of infection...
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 11:14:53 AM »
Here's aswMBR log.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »
There may be some hours wait before malware experts are online

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 02:58:14 PM »
Hello again!

Today I got very nervious again when I opened my computer and when I tried to log into my Steam account, it said that I'm trying to log in from new browser/computer and I had to use verification e-mail. Everything worked out fine but then I started to suspect some nasty malware again and decided to try use Farbar and aswMBR to make new logs (my computer installed some Windows updates yesterday), but when I started Farbar scan it showed this error message:
Could someone help me out with this?  :-[
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:15:16 PM by Pernaman »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 03:15:46 PM »
essexboy that usually does malware removal help here evry day is on vacation (back in 4 days) so since you got no reply from the other guys i recomend trying Geeks to go forum (where essexboy also does removal work)

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/forum/37-virus-spyware-malware-removal/

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 06:25:16 PM »
Very well, I registered there and submitted my problem.