Author Topic: Using Incredimail and Hotmail  (Read 4669 times)

Sierra

Using Incredimail and Hotmail
« on: January 22, 2004, 03:17:32 AM »
I've looked all over the forums to find an answer.  I use Incredimail for 2 hotmail accounts and 1 sbc.yahoo account.  Avast sees the sbc.yahoo account when setting up the mail protection (auto and manual) but not the 2 hotmail accounts.  I changed the smtp and pop server to 127.0.0.1, but no hotmail accounts show up in the protection setup.

Please tell me how to do this.  Make it simple as I am now brain-dead  :P  I tried looking for the ini file, too, and no luck.

Thanks in advance!

Culpeper

Re:Using Incredimail and Hotmail
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2004, 04:26:11 AM »
I may be mistaken but hotmail doesn't work with Avast unless you use a separate utility program like hotmail popper.

http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=2351

Sierra

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 04:35:24 AM »
Well no wonder I couldn't find anything!

Thanks, Culpepper, for the quick answer  :-*

Culpeper

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2004, 04:39:19 AM »
"Cats rule and dogs drool" ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 04:48:48 AM »
I've looked all over the forums to find an answer.  I use Incredimail for 2 hotmail accounts and 1 sbc.yahoo account.  Avast sees the sbc.yahoo account when setting up the mail protection (auto and manual) but not the 2 hotmail accounts.  I changed the smtp and pop server to 127.0.0.1, but no hotmail accounts show up in the protection setup.

Please tell me how to do this.  Make it simple as I am now brain-dead  :P  I tried looking for the ini file, too, and no luck.

Thanks in advance!

The hotmail accounts do not work with POP3 and SMTP servers so avast! does not give support for their scanning (I suppose...)  :'(
The best things in life are free.