Author Topic: Insert notes - how to make it permanent?  (Read 3461 times)

kecajn

Insert notes - how to make it permanent?
« on: November 21, 2003, 10:07:31 PM »
I am using Outlook 97. I configured Outlook/Exchange provider to insert notes into clean messages. It is working perfectly but it is not persistent across reboots. How to make the change permanent?
I tried old trick from Kerio PF:
- make the change
- stop provider
- start provider
Provider asked me if I want to make settings permanent. I confirmed but it did not help... :-(

Best regards,

Jacek

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Insert notes - how to make it permanent?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2003, 08:07:57 PM »
Do you mean changes of the HTML file (note format) or the pluggin of Outlook/Exchange?

The format of the notes are persistent until a new installation of avast! And more, the notes are different for each language installed.

The pluggin must be persistent... as you can see at the picture.
The best things in life are free.

kecajn

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 08:45:17 PM »
Do you mean changes of the HTML file (note format) or the pluggin of Outlook/Exchange?

I want notes to be inserted by pluggin of Outlook/Exchange. At this very moment I do not care about format - I can use default ones.

The pluggin must be persistent... as you can see at the picture.
I saw this window and I confirmed that settings should be persistent. But they are not.

Best regards,

Jacek

kecajn

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 10:25:43 PM »
So far I experienced:
- "The avast! Antivirus service hung on starting. " message although it is running fine
- Problems with avast screen saver
- Problems with persistent settings of Outlook/Exchange plugin
- Reinstallation of removed provider
I think that it does not make any sense to make further investigation - it can be waste of time. I am going to reinstall my Windows NT4 and I will instal avast as first 3rd party application. I will see if it will be a remedy on my problems...

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Jacek