Author Topic: can't update  (Read 2441 times)

tup

can't update
« on: November 25, 2005, 02:00:58 AM »
keep getting a red box saying it can't connect.
after a few days decides to uninstall. went to add/delete programs and it won't delete??now what?

thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: can't update
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 02:29:40 PM »
The solution was posted here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=17433.0
By the way, when the problems occur? Just after login or any time that an automated update is performed?

You say "after a few days"... can you post a link to your original thread, the one you've asked for help?
The best things in life are free.

tup

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 03:59:35 AM »
this is the original post.

that link does not cover my problem.

after i get on the net (dial up) the popup comes on when there's a update. recently a red popup saying it can't connect so i'm not getting the updates.

after having this problem for a few days i decided to uninstall avast and then reinstall. when i tried to uninstall it wouldn't. well it partially did..the 2 icons on the toolbar are gone but the files are still on my computer.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 12:36:00 PM »
after i get on the net (dial up) the popup comes on when there's a update. recently a red popup saying it can't connect so i'm not getting the updates.
Any firewall in your system?
Is avast.setup allowed to connect and update?

after having this problem for a few days i decided to uninstall avast and then reinstall. when i tried to uninstall it wouldn't. well it partially did..the 2 icons on the toolbar are gone but the files are still on my computer.

Try Avast Uninstall for complete uninstallation
Read before http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_uninstall_util.html

Boot and install again.
The best things in life are free.