Author Topic: License Expired on AfB Free???  (Read 2871 times)

Offline SAE2

License Expired on AfB Free???
« on: September 15, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »
Hi there,

We're using Avast for Business (Free) on approx 140 computers, mostly Macs. We're now seeing a 'License Expired' red message popping up on a lot of them which I'm a little bamboozled by. Sure enough, on the clients the license info says that the license expiry date has passed and was only valid for a month anyway. I tried the livechat support last week after seeing a yellow pop-up warning me that the license was due to expire and the support agent said they would renegotiate a new license, and not to worry as they would not expire. He was wrong!

I can see the clients in the cloud console and have tried updating the program to no avail.

Can anyone provide any insight into whats happening as it looks really unprofessional to my users.

Cheers

Offline Jeff.S

• Avast team
Re: License Expired on AfB Free???
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 03:25:02 PM »
Hi,

For this issue, use the support link in the portal to submit a ticket so we can take a closer look at what is happening.

Thanks!

Jeff

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: License Expired on AfB Free???
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 12:44:53 AM »
One thing to try, make sure you have activated the devices in the cloud portal. If not activated, they do expire after a time.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay