Author Topic: Avast Pro Script Blocker and Noscript.  (Read 4440 times)

AvastForever

Avast Pro Script Blocker and Noscript.
« on: November 27, 2005, 08:24:02 AM »
I want to go for the Pro version. I have Firefox with the extension "Noscript" now would this conflict with Avast! Pro Provider "Script Blocker"?

And with "Noscript" that like having "script blocker" right or they do different things? ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast Pro Script Blocker and Noscript.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 12:50:33 PM »
I want to go for the Pro version. I have Firefox with the extension "Noscript" now would this conflict with Avast! Pro Provider "Script Blocker"?
And with "Noscript" that like having "script blocker" right or they do different things? ???
No, they won't conflict.
avast Script Blocker scans all scripts and will block the infected ones. It's a script scanner.
Noscript will block all scripts, regardless their infected or not. It's a script blocker.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 04:31:52 PM »
One little point the Script Blocker of avast Pro doesn't work with Firefox, so no they shouldn't conflict.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

AvastForever

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 01:03:35 AM »
No, they won't conflict.
avast Script Blocker scans all scripts and will block the infected ones. It's a script scanner.
Noscript will block all scripts, regardless their infected or not. It's a script blocker.

Ok, i thought they would. But if script blocker does not work with Firefox, does it work with Opera 8.5.1?

crofty59

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 01:20:52 AM »
Hi AvastForever

I have opera 8.5.1 on my comp but it does not work with avast scriptblocker

Cheers

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 02:15:12 AM »
Ok, i thought they would. But if script blocker does not work with Firefox, does it work with Opera 8.5.1?
Only Internet Explorer, Mozilla and Netscape.
Script Blocker cannot work with Firefox or Opera: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=14879.msg125840#msg125840
The best things in life are free.

AvastForever

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 03:20:42 AM »
Thanks. ;D