Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Every Compiled Program .EXE w(Delphi XE8) (Win32:Banker-MGC)  (Read 16087 times)

REDACTED

Hi,

We are a Software company who today avast is deleting all .exe software compiled in Delphi XE8 - 10. Many of our customers use your AVAST software antivirus in their machines and they are suffering this problem.

Obviously is a false positive.

Here is the link to a example of our compiled software : https://www.virustotal.com/es/file/4d94146d1a50a24c32e6158c414f3f7078912b7f0f46c63e94426d1ede9a9303/analysis/1442480149/

Please, take care of this false positive (ASOP). Currently we are taking more than 20 customer calls/hour.

Sincerely Habitatsoft.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 03:18:45 PM by lukas.hasik »

REDACTED

Hi, we are getting similar problems, many of our clients are reporting that they cannot update or check for updates since the Avast update, in addition Avast keeps moving the rtl220.bpl and UpdateCheck.exe to the chest, even if I disable Avast it still does it!

Please, Avast, can you address this issue urgently

REDACTED

Thanks to your reply, we are not alone.

REDACTED

We are experiencing the same!  Our application is being deleted from our customers computers!

This is SERIOUS!!!  Please address this ASAP as you are affecting our business (and presumably every other Delphi developer).

In the meantime, We will have to recommend that all our customers uninstall Avast.

Graham Murt
Kernow Software Ltd

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
I have reported this section to the moderators. A member from avast will be able to assist you.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Report false positives here  https://support.avast.com > avast virus lab

REDACTED

Report False Positives... really?  How about Avast fixes the bug instead.

It would be a lot simpler than reporting every Delphi application in the world which has been compiled in the past 48 hours.

REDACTED

+1

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Report False Positives... really?  How about Avast fixes the bug instead.

It would be a lot simpler than reporting every Delphi application in the world which has been compiled in the past 48 hours.
to fix a bug it must be reported ... your doctor cant fix whats wrong unless you tell him first

REDACTED

YES, it also happened in my notebook. Today after the update it started detecting. But not only compiled with DX, also with Delphi XE7. After it detected some, it asked my PC to reboot and scan. After doing this is started DELETING many files and incl. some BPL files. Now my environment (XE7 and DX) are dead not even opening. Will have to reinstall everything and it's a BIG pain!!

REDACTED

For your information, we did report our product as showing a False-Positive earlier.

This was before we learned that it is an Avast bug and affects every Delphi compiled application. 

Graham

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
good, then i am 100% sure avast lab is working on a fix as we speak, and they are usually quick to realease it

REDACTED

I've opened a ticket with this problem (11:12h)

Avast response (11:56h):

Thank you for contacting AVAST Software s.r.o. with your concerns.

I am sending the ticket to our Virus Lab to analyse the problem. I will inform you about progress soon.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
FP should be fixed in next VPS (virus updates) which are being released now...
Please update your virus definitions and let us know if it helped
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

tested with one file that was reporting wrongly and now is OK.