Author Topic: Avast Won't turn on  (Read 2852 times)

REDACTED

Avast Won't turn on
« on: November 02, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
As the title says I click "Start now" and windows asks to run it i say "yes" and then nothing...i tried repairing it through the control panel and it says unable to repair, and then a change log. Do i just need to uninstall/reinstall?

Thanks for any help

Offline bigwilly_312000

Re: Avast Won't turn on
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 08:04:25 PM »
did you try shutting down your computer or a restart??

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 08:07:31 PM »
Yes sir.

Offline bigwilly_312000

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 08:14:27 PM »
try uninstall and reinstall.

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2015, 09:02:20 PM »
Some info will be helpful:

a) What is your Windows Operating System? Service Pack?
b) What is your previous antivirus software prior to using Avast? Did you use it's uninstall/removal tool after uninstalling it via add/remove?

Do the following:

a) Download your previous antivirus removal/uninstall utility via here http://support.eset.com/kb146/
b) Download avast uninstall utility via here https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
c) Disconnect your computer from the internet.
d) Uninstall avast via add/remove and follow the instructions.
e) Run the tool mentioned in (b) in normal mode and the tool will ask if you want this tool to run your computer in safe mode automatically. Click yes and follow the instructions.
f) Manually run your computer in safe mode and run the tool mentioned in (a) and follow the instructions.
g) Re-connect your computer to the internet and download and install a fresh copy of Avast Free Antivirus. After installation it will do a quick start up scan. Once finished, restart your computer manually. After restart, register your copy for avast.
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2