Author Topic: The Three Browser Strategy  (Read 4322 times)

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
Re: The Three Browser Strategy
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 12:46:45 AM »
Here I have to agree with bob3160 fully as he is right! True privacy is what you do not put out on the Internet but keep to yourself.
Just take a situation that you really expect tor browsing to be a guarantee to privacy (and in some sense it could be that) still when you run AVG av local services or a VPN for instance their privacy policy states that your meta-data could go to their affiliates and who knows whose desk that is your data will  land on (your surf history, your real IP, your real MAC address, your credit card info you used to buy AVG products (also known to their third party services) and maybe to ........, I say maybe and just use your imagination there. Just like bob3160 says, I would not like to feed anyone's false illusions, to-days digital technology has turned every digital citizen into one that is completely and utterly transparent, they know your geo-location, when you are standing in front of what shop, your smartmeter data, your smart whatever data, you are constantly "logged-filed-and barreled" and there is nothing you can do about it. It is the society we have chosen to live in.

Well anyway you could block mal-ads, you could block mal-scripts, learn to evade the dark-alleys of the Interwebs and make it a little harder to profile your every move. At least you are an inspiration for me to turn into a volunteer website analyst and website error hunter to at least seek to add to Avast detection to put up the road-signs and -blocks to make your surfing a bit less risky. And it is my pleasure to do so. Everybody should do the Avast evangelism with the best talents that came endowed to him or her and it always has been a privilege that Avast gave us the platform to do so and at a mutual benefit.

polonus (volunteer webbsite security analyst and website error-hunter)
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!