Author Topic: Cannot remove false positive from Quarantine - Windows 10  (Read 2434 times)

REDACTED

Cannot remove false positive from Quarantine - Windows 10
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:22:18 AM »
I was upgrading my Avast and noticed that my backup program that I've been using for years (Syncback Free) was in the virus chest.  I right clicked on it and chose "Restore and Add to Exclusions", accepted the UAC prompt, and it was still there.  I refreshed the view and nothing changed.  I went to where it's file location should be and the missing syncback.exe was still in the Virus Chest.  I restart my PC just in case and still, nothing.  I right-clicked again and chose "Scan" and it came back with "No Virus Found".  I just can't restore the file for some reason.  Any ideas?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Cannot remove false positive from Quarantine - Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »
That is a copy the original should have been returned to the original location

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Cannot remove false positive from Quarantine - Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »
That is a copy the original should have been returned to the original location

I thought that at first and was going to post as such.

However the OP reports that the file isn't back in the original location, so for whatever reason the restore failed.
Quote from: edsloan69
I went to where it's file location should be and the missing syncback.exe was still in the Virus Chest.  I restart my PC just in case and still, nothing.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.