Author Topic: "Start Avast! Antivirus" Not Working  (Read 13545 times)

Jimbo51

Re: "Start Avast! Antivirus" Not Working
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 06:24:09 PM »
I'm using WindowBlinds and IconPackager. WindowFX too

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2005, 06:37:07 PM »
Igor, I've tried Window Blinds and Icon Packager (the second is a buggy application) and they're not incompatible with avast.
Using WindowBlinds themes without problems with both avast Simple User Interface and Advanced Interface.

Well, maybe they're not incompatible, but we've seen quite a few conflicts in the past - and the symptoms were exactly the same (avast! splash staying in the list of tasks and the real scanner not opening).

So, I would suggest to disable those skinning tools first (and possibly also update to the latest versions of them, if possible) to see if it helps.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2005, 07:37:42 PM »
Well, maybe they're not incompatible, but we've seen quite a few conflicts in the past - and the symptoms were exactly the same (avast! splash staying in the list of tasks and the real scanner not opening). So, I would suggest to disable those skinning tools first (and possibly also update to the latest versions of them, if possible) to see if it helps.
I agree. They're not fully incompatible but 'could' bring problems each other.
The best things in life are free.

Jimbo51

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2005, 01:32:29 PM »
Well, you were spot on. I got rid of WindowsBlinds and IconPackager and now everything works.

Any more info on this conflict?

Thanks a lot for your help.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 01:37:12 PM by Jimbo51 »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2005, 01:41:32 PM »
Any more info on this conflict?
You can configure just avast to not use WindowBlinds. Maybe the theme (skin) you're using is not compatible.
Open WindowBlinds > Settings per application > Add per application setting > add avast executables (ashSimpl.exe) > configure to not use WindowBlinds.
The best things in life are free.