Author Topic: secureline and torrents suddenly not working  (Read 26048 times)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: secureline and torrents suddenly not working
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 10:17:32 AM »
Hi Anarkii what do u mean by that ? How u do it ?
Psst, that post is almost 1(!) year old.
Not much chance to get a reaction.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:04:50 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 02:07:10 AM »
Hi Davidek,

Thanks for trying to help fixing these issues !
Here's the log.

Unfortunately I will not be able to be at the computer tomorrow cause I'm driving all day, but I get in touch as soon as I get back to the internet.

Thx again,

MrMojo

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 12:45:01 PM »
Hi MrMojo,

One other thing to try is to connect to our datacenter locations -- London, Frankfurt, Prague, or Amsterdam.

Those should offer better speeds and handle P2P much better (torrenting)

Please give it a try and let me know.

Many thanks,

Davidek

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2016, 03:43:38 PM »
Hi MrMojo,

We did some further testing and weren't able to verify the issue on our side.  But, we did a bit deeper looking and found a few steps you could try to get it working. 

1) Try to verify whether your router/ supports VPN Passthrough and if so enable it, alternatively set port forwarding
2) Change some uTorrent settings (screens attached)
* UPnP and NAT-PMP are security risks and should be left disabled
* disabling Bandwidth management (uTP) could speed up downloading as well as enabling DHT Network and Peer Exchange

Hope this helps,

Davidek

Offline Robert995

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2018, 09:57:08 PM »
Hi all, I'm not a huge super user, so sorry if I don't have all the details... I have had Avast Premiere for a while now, but didn't use the secureline VPN until now. everything is generally ok, but when I tried to use my utorrent, it doesn't let it connect to other seeds. Does anybody have a workaround? I'm using Windows 10 Pro and the latest utorrent 3.5.4 (build 44632). It just hangs without connecting. Tried the screen prints from previous message on this thread, but nothing happened.  Thanks in advance..

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 06:00:25 AM »
If you are running avast vpn standalone version, you'll need to click 'Change Location and select a P2P server.  Will work for the vpn feature included in Premier and AIS also. 

There are 3 P2P worldwide, 1 in the UK, and 3 in United States.  Should work for you.

Be aware the vpn included in Avast Internet Security and Premier will have support ending for it sometime in the future, so installing the standalone version, after removing the included vpn version in the suite, may be the best way to go.  As always, reboot after making changes for either.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

REDACTED

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2018, 06:18:02 PM »
I am having this exact same problem from Canada.  What solution would you recommend, other than switching to a new vpn and cancelling Avast?