Author Topic: Microsoft Exchange Server  (Read 2549 times)

REDACTED

Microsoft Exchange Server
« on: September 22, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »
Is anybody using Avast Business on Exchange Server? If so, what version? Any issues?

REDACTED

Re: Microsoft Exchange Server
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:13:02 PM »
I'm not, but maybe this will help?  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb332342%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx

It's pretty easy to Google and find that pretty much all the major vendors recommend the same file exclusions, so IMHO it would be wise to do the same for Avast Business

Remember though that mail is not scanned through the MTA with the free Avast Business; you'll need to subscribe to the Avast Premium Business Security for that level I think.

REDACTED

Re: Microsoft Exchange Server
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 08:31:21 PM »
Hi PCSFL,

Did you go ahead with the Avast for Business Premium for protecting your Exchange server(s)? We plan on going for it in the near future on our Exchange 2007 (hub+edge setup).

My concern is that I read some scary things online (about other AV products, not much info for Avast for Business working on Exchange at all) where not applying the correct folder and file exclusions caused major headaches and broken datastores. Problem that I see with this is that the very moment Avast is first deployed it does not IMMEDIATELY fetch its template and works for a few minutes on default settings (i.e. no exclusions, unless the product auto excludes, which according to Avast is not the case - they suggested we add the exclusions ourselves). Not to mention there is a slight delay before a device even starts showing for activation in the Dashboard.

Interested to know which way you went with your selection and deployment for AV for Exchange and any issues you run into if you decided to use Avast. Thanks in advance for finding a moment to reply.