Author Topic: Scan Results Column Resize Function Not Functioning  (Read 2252 times)

Offline TAguiar

Scan Results Column Resize Function Not Functioning
« on: January 28, 2016, 01:49:33 PM »
Using free version of avast. It'd be nice if, instead of finding new ways of spamming us, a few bugs in the UI were actually fixed within 3 to 4 years. The columns in the Scan Results dialog can't be resized, which, when the dialog opens as a small window, means the location of an infection is occluded unless you put your cursor over it and wait for the tooltip. That tooltip, on the other hand, might not be long enough to display the entire string.

Just in case i'm not making any textual sense, here's a visual:

As a side-note, it'd be nice if a support forum allowed local image hosting. "I'm not saying, i'm just saying."

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Scan Results Column Resize Function Not Functioning
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 03:24:03 PM »
It does allow you to upload an attachment - when the Reply window is open - use the Attachments and other options. Clicking that expands the window to allow for attachments to be uploaded.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline TAguiar

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 01:21:50 AM »
Ok cool. But what about the main issue?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 04:01:52 PM »
I must admit that I haven't really come across that issue, mainly because I rarely if ever have a detection in a scan, other than when testing.

If you hover over a field that is concatenated, like this if you hover over the field does it not show all of the field ?

It may have more to do with the side window, have you tried to resize the window (as this window on my XP system is resizeable) ?

As an avast user like yourself - I have just done a test of some samples and I can expand the column width, unfortunately I can't replicate the issue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline TAguiar

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 05:07:08 PM »
Hovering over the file location shows a tooltip box with the full location. But as for resizing the column, although the mouse cursor turns into the horizontal resizing cursor, it doesn't work. And this is independent of the window size, which can be changed.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 07:37:46 PM »
Unfortunately I can't replicate that, as you can see from my images the horizontal resizing cursor is present and on dragging it expands my columns.

What operating system and avast version are you using ?
See my signature under posts for my system used in the checks.

On my images you will notice a slight difference to yours, in that I don't see the column header separators. But hovering the mouse over that area produces the horizontal resizing cursor.

You could try an avast Repair and see if that makes a difference - Control Panel > Programs & Features > Avast Antivirus > Change. From the next windows select Repair, once complete reboot.