Author Topic: whats wrong with avast?  (Read 16963 times)

REDACTED

Re: whats wrong with avast?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 06:07:28 AM »
see by yourself

Thank you

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 06:31:01 AM »
Hey no problem with that it is a nomal beraviour it goes 0% to 2% in beta 2 v.2016.
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
Hey no problem with that it is a nomal beraviour it goes 0% to 2% in beta 2 v.2016.

You need to read the whole topic or just the first post or certainly is URL reference above Reply #14.

It isn't normal behaviour as described by the OP rodrigo.santos.vecchio, it shouldn't sit on 0% for long periods of time and then suddenly jump to 25% or 50% or 100%.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »
it shouldn't sit on 0% for long periods of time and then suddenly jump to 25% or 50% or 100%
No for my pc it not sit 0% for long periods of time and not suddenly jump to 25% or 50% or 100% at all.It first start at 0% for 5-6 second and then 2%.3%....go on normally@DavidR.But if he thinks It isn't normal behaviour then support Ticket should help.https://support.avast.com
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 04:06:05 PM by Be Secure »
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 11:00:22 PM »
@Be secure,
If the scan stay on 0% for about 5 or 6 SECONDS this should be normal

In my case , the scan stay on 0% for about 15 MINUTES  and then jumps for some sort of %~

On the second 2016 beta it jumps from 0 to 16 or 19 % and no, i dont think thats normal

I only forgot to say i have a partitioned HD (C;D) And i ask Avast team to test the behavior of scan under this scenario

If Avast team can say my problem is due my partitioned hd, i  even ask to fix it, since its not normal this behaviour been caused by a partitioned hd

Remember, this machine was formatted in order to install a clean copy of win10 pro 64 bit

I hope i dont have 3 yrs of this mess as i already say

Please fix it

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 11:01:57 PM by rodrigo.santos.vecchio »

REDACTED

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 11:55:29 PM »
And about the support tickets, i have read and was advised that the best way to get help is here on the forums .thank you and again please avast team solve this problem

Thank you

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2015, 12:35:16 AM »
On my XP Pro system, I have 2 HDDs, my primary HDD with 3 partitions and my secondary HDD has just one partition, this is where my drive imaging software backups are stored (the last six backups) and also other backup files.

So I can't see how or why multiple partitions would slow the scan and it doesn't seem to do that on my XP system. What could slow scans if you haven't got much free space and or a lot of fragmentation on the HDD.

Personally - With a resident on-access antivirus like avast, the need for frequent on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part the on-demand scan is going to be scanning files that would be otherwise be dormant or inert. If they were active files then the on-access file system shield would be scanning them before being created, modified, opened or executed.

I used to have avast set to do a scheduled weekly Quick scan, set at a time and day that I know the computer will be on. But I have ceased this practice for some time now, based in the above.

The smart scan should be really quick as it only scan certain files I could probably complete a smart scan whilst compiling this post (slow typist). The scan is currently on 37% and it didn't hang about long on 0% and it has now completed. See image1 for the elements of my Smart Scan and image2 for the Viruses & Malware element of the overall scan (and the lack of files being scanned).

Note: I don't have lots of other elements on my Smart Scan as many of the other Tools I haven't installed, so not much in the way of what I call superfluous scans.

Whilst none of this should take anything away from the issues you are having, I just can't understand why.

If I were experiencing this, I would report it and then I would stop doing the scans as having done them once and leave them. Check back after other updates and see if the issue is still there, but when this is only happening on a limited number of systems it is going to be hard to pin down if it is a system or avast issue.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2015, 02:17:13 AM »
@DavidR
I understand and can see your point , And now i ask you to try to see the situation by my angle

I can assume this is a scenario quite hard to reproduce , but i have bought 3 yrs pf premier and as i said, i am asked for the avast team help to try the best to solve this

If i must to use 3 yrs of avast with this confused and unreliable info , i will be frustrated for the next 3 yrs

So i insist and ask avast team to try the best to investigate and solve this before the final version of 2016

And yes i cant wait for the next beta builds

Thank you

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »
As an avast user like yourself I can't speak for avast, all I can do is try to replicate it and I can't do that on either of my systems (as seems to be the same for others in this topic).

I would suggest you use the Forum Profile information and create a Signature similar to that under my posts. System specification, CPU, RAM, HDD (size and free space) security software installed (firewall, anti-spyware, etc.). As this is an area no one has asked about and this is one area where conflict could impede the scan.

Other than this I'm at a loss as to what to suggest, but something on your system is acting differently to mine, what that is, is going to be difficult to determine.

When did you install avast ?
Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:18:23 PM by DavidR »

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2015, 07:34:10 PM »
Hi and sorry the late reply

I have a Dell inspiron 15 r5537a20 model

partitioned hdd (1tb)

AMD graphics 2 gb memory

IMF as antispy (working with no problems with Avast

I also have to say i have all the Avast protection modules AND unpackers set to high level of protection

I try to reinstall Avast and test the scan behaviour with the default levels of protection

No changes in scan progress behaviour

Thank you

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2015, 07:45:19 PM »
OK, first try disabling IMF antispy and see if that makes a difference to scan duration. I have never heard of IMF, so I don't know if it is a resident (on-access) program that would be scanning what avast is also trying to scan.

You didn't answer a question that is potentially the more crucial one.
Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?

Systems generally come with an Anti Virus pre-installed and it is essential that this is removed.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2015, 08:31:57 PM »
Hi David and sorry the leak of info

My last  Avast license has expired during the v9 builds

V9 scans working fine

So i have used for some time the Emsisoft internet security withoout any problem

And have used the oficial Emsisoft uninstaller to remove it

So i installed w10 and Avast 10

And the problem begins

Imf is iobit malware fighter , no changes on scan scenario if i disable it

Thank you

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2015, 10:54:25 PM »
Personally I would rid myself of any iobit program - some time ago there were accusations it had used MBAMs anti-malware database. A search on iobit and malwarebytes antimalware will no doubt reveal the instances.

I really am at a loss as to what else to suggest.

I haven't been able to find much on your Dell I was trying to find what CPU it has, but that wasn't very productive anything from an AMD chip to an Intel i7 ultrabook. All of which could mean your system should at best be powerful enough or at worst slightly under powered.

I don't use win10 so I can't really help in that regard. There have been some posts relating to win10 and avast, so all I can suggest is try a search for these as some have had strange results depending on what build number of win10 and what build number of avast.

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2015, 12:01:48 AM »
I have a 2.2 ghz intel processor

I think i have power enought to run Avast

I thank you and all people here for trying to help me and hope i can have the same respect and patience by the fórum users on future problems

The only thing i can do is wait fpr the next beta builds and see what happens

Thanks to all

And of course thanks David

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2015, 01:23:47 AM »
You're welcome.

I have spoken to someone who could have some analysis tools to see if they can't see anything else.