Author Topic: Numerous issues with secureline after install on win10  (Read 2876 times)

REDACTED

Numerous issues with secureline after install on win10
« on: September 24, 2015, 01:02:08 AM »
Hi

Have been an avast user for over ten years and last week purchased and installed the vpn secureline product. I have a newly upgraded win 10 machine, previously 8.1, and am experiencing a number of issues with the vpn.

1. Secureline does not automatically start at boot-up, previously the icon would be in the task bar but now have to start it from the start menu as icon is no longer visible.
2. Cannot send email through windows live 2012 on bigpond account, is OK to receive when on and if i disconnect secureline email can be sent OK. Have Hotmail as well and this works OK with secureline on but is not my main email address.
3. Torrents do no work if secureline is connected. Disconnect and works fine.

Have paid for a 1 year license and so far experience is well below expectation. Have tried connecting to other countries/cities with no difference in behaviour.

Thanks

REDACTED

Re: Numerous issues with secureline after install on win10
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 03:33:31 PM »
I've also had this exact problem. bit frustrating having forked over money for something that no longer works properly....hope we can both get it sorted somehow

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 04:54:16 AM »
You could try a 'Repair' of Avast and/or uninstall and reinstall Secureline.

REPAIR and RESET Avast Installation

https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB204

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 10:39:29 PM »
Hi

It seemed something changed after I posted this as can send email now and icon is back on taskbar. Torrents do work however extremely slow.

Thanks